Newest Member
    Toothache
January 24th-26th Winter Storm Potential

cmichweather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not dead yet.

look if it crapped out 2-4 I would be happy.

just another snow maker..that is rare here..gonna enjoy every bit of it.

we just don't get snow on snow.

most of our big snows are in transitional periods.....we get super cold 2 days then torch

this winter the suppression is allowing snows like the one coming to happen, then we stay in the NW flow for a week and get another vort to get us and maybe a clipper to.

whatever is causing this shift, i hope it stays.

That high pressure looks to prevent an off the coast track. I would expect this to track further NW. Also the LRC says this should be another dec 12 storm. 5-6 days before that storm the models had a similar track east of the apps. Ended up a MSP special so we will see.

What's the LRC?

What's the LRC?

Lezak's recurring cycle I believe.

http://lrcweather.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2

The belief that a weather pattern sets in and reoccurs (with some differences of positioning)

Joplinmet uses something similar to it and it's been pretty right. He predicted the storm we are having today even before it showed up on the models.

UKMET looks like the Euro.........

Euro gets a little "goofy" between 144-192hrs handling everything, but at that point, it is just for interest.

the evolution of the 5h trough on the euro from day 4 to 5 is strange. Looks like its coming into the central US with a negative tilt on day 4, then on day 5 its very sharp but with a fairly positive tilt.

hmmm 0 850 to mexico border while parts of canada torch to +3. This winter it's totally believable too.

If anyone had said this is how the winter was going to happen in the fall they probably would have been told they were crazy or something. This winter has been so weird.

If anyone had said this is how the winter was going to happen in the fall they probably would have been told they were crazy or something. This winter has been so weird.

This winter started tipping its hand in December imo. It has been a good learning experience for sure.

wasn't gonna say anything but you prompted me because we agree.....my first hunch on this was Pittsburgh may be the place to be for next week.

that's all im say'n til friday ....gotta 3 incher to track

That's what she said! (sorry, couldn't resist) Here's hoping for a 6 incher! (snow that is)

Archived