12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC/PHL Jan 17-19 Forecast Discussion

am19psu

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still having trouble reconciling the determined advance of the 2m 32 degree isotherm on the 18Z NAM with persistent NE or NNE streamlines north and west of 78/287. Maybe it's just me.

It looks like the regular diurnal heating component. Reality could be cooler than shown if this component is being exaggerated, which is possible with thick cloud cover and precip... and the lingering weak damning signature.

Well, just drove up I78 and PA33. Did not see any new lines from salt brine, although the roads still have a lot of salt on from the previous week.

Because the temps are forecast to rise tommorow and at some point it will be rain

Err, yeah, but until then it will be a mess. Some areas may not even go above freezing until the afternoon...

Update with latest Wxsim module read based on GFS/NAM at 12z

Continues it's trend toward more snow for the NW Philly burbs....now forecasting from 4 to 6" of snow and IP before the change to ZR...here are the timings

Flurries by 630pm this evening Temp 24.9

Lt Snow at 10pm temp 23.3

Mod Snow at midnight temp 22.3

Heavy Snow at 3am temp 22.1

Heavy Snow/IP mix at 6am temp 24.3

ZR from 7am to 1pm with 0.53" of ZR falling

Temp finally rises above freezing by 1pm with just a little leftover drizzle

It also has heavy snow arriving after midnight on Thursday with another 5 -7" of snow by Friday AM rush

Wow! IDoes that have a good track record? If so, this is going to surprise a lot of Commuters tomorrow a.m.

Err, yeah, but until then it will be a mess. Some areas may not even go above freezing until the afternoon...

That is true , however this will not last all that long and snow binding to the pavement shouldnt be an issue after the precip, changes I know out in my zone if the precip is forcast to be all snow with cold temps is the only way we pre wet. If there is any chance of ice or rain change pre wetting is not normally done. Ive gotta run be safe out there Ill be crusing I-78 tween Krums and 183

Large portion of the northeast under warnings...storm mode anyone? I find humerous the lack of activity on the boards because the major cities are avoiding the worst of it.

Well let's think about that, the major cities is where a MAJORITY of the people live so it makes sense that without a major storm for the big cities the activity would be a lot less here.

Well let's think about that, the major cities is where a MAJORITY of the people live so it makes sense that without a major storm for the big cities the activity would be a lot less here.

well...it's not as if they are avoiding the system entirely and this is still affecting a very populated region.

well...it's not as if they are avoiding the system entirely and this is still affecting a very populated region.

That is true but the big east coast cities of DC/Balt/Phl/NY are not getting hit that hard so people just are not that excited. Although after what we have been through in my area 1" of snow followed by .2 of ice seems like a

major storm :arrowhead: .

Archived