Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC/PHL Jan 17-19 Forecast Discussion

am19psu

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update with latest Wxsim module read based on GFS/NAM at 12z

Continues it's trend toward more snow for the NW Philly burbs....now forecasting from 4 to 6" of snow and IP before the change to ZR...here are the timings

Flurries by 630pm this evening Temp 24.9

Lt Snow at 10pm temp 23.3

Mod Snow at midnight temp 22.3

Heavy Snow at 3am temp 22.1

Heavy Snow/IP mix at 6am temp 24.3

ZR from 7am to 1pm with 0.53" of ZR falling

Temp finally rises above freezing by 1pm with just a little leftover drizzle

It also has heavy snow arriving after midnight on Thursday with another 5 -7" of snow by Friday AM rush

I'm not sure if your familiar with the Easton/Wilson area SD, but the last event we had, EASD was the only district closed; yet Wilson SD which is literally a block away from EASD, had a delayed opening. Quite humorous.

If you're referring to the storm last week, the night before Easton said closed but Wilson only said 2 hour delay. The next morning, Wilson did indeed switch to closed, but not until after 7am.

I'm not sure if your familiar with the Easton/Wilson area SD, but the last event we had, EASD was the only district closed; yet Wilson SD which is literally a block away from EASD, had a delayed opening. Quite humorous.

not true other Lehigh Valley districts were closed also . Wilson was not, which was interesting, but Phillipsburg NJ was closed. Figure nearly all will be closed Tuesday, if forecast holds true

Edit: I don't recall seeing Wilson close, but may have been

I'm talking about the 1/11 -1/12 event. Really? I thought they remained with a Delayed opening.

No, they did close eventually, but so late that most people didn't realize it (except all the kids from Wilson who were waiting up begging to see a cancelation).

Continues it's trend toward more snow for the NW Philly burbs....now forecasting from 4 to 6" of snow and IP before the change to ZR...here are the timings

It also has heavy snow arriving after midnight on Thursday with another 5 -7" of snow by Friday AM rush

Well, I like that. Wish it would verify. Nice dump of snow sealed with a layer of ice. The 43 Accuwx has been

advertising for days for tomorrow has really seemed out to lunch...

not true other Lehigh Valley districts were closed also . Wilson was not, which was interesting, but Phillipsburg NJ was closed. Figure nearly all will be closed Tuesday, if forecast holds true

Edit: I don't recall seeing Wilson close, but may have been

Yeah, pretty much everything was closed here. Allentown/Parkland/East Penn/Salisbury were all closed, as well as lots of private schools including the one my sister goes to.

Looks more and more like your typical 4-8 inch warm front snow for the LV with a crusty top at the end. 5-7 inches at the end of the week would put set in place the ability for raditional cooling and some below zero weather for all of us

llentown Lehigh Valley International Airport

Lat: 40.66 Lon: -75.43 Elev: 390

Last Update on Jan 17, 12:51 pm EST

Overcast

21 °F

(-6 °C) Humidity: 54 % Wind Speed: NE 7 MPH Barometer: 30.28" (1026.0 mb) Dewpoint: 7 °F (-14 °C) Wind Chill: 12 °F (-11 °C) Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Archived