12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
GL/MW/OV January 2011 Disco Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Friv by request...Euro has the day 6-7 system. Probably on the order of 2-4", maybe a touch more for STL. Basically KC to STL to Quincy to Galesburg does well. It kind of craps out as it heads east, with light amounts elsewhere.

EDIT: It does snow, very lightly, at LAF for about 24-30 hours. :arrowhead:

Im down to start that thread if people want me to, have only done one thus far this winter and turned out pretty well. up to you guys.

I want to start a thread sometime. I don't know the last time I started one for a winter event (talking about the original thread, not a continuation).

Im down to start that thread if people want me to, have only done one thus far this winter and turned out pretty well. up to you guys.

You should start all of the winter storm threads.

BTW, SSC's 12z Euro Gulf originated monster is bon voyage on the 0z run. Shocker.

:lol:

It's important stuff you know...starting these storm threads. We have issues. :arrowhead:

I know... if you want i can do a short write up about the northern and southern stream S/W features if you look at the gfs and EC it really isn't to far off from a decent "bowling" ball threat that is blocked by the huge longwave trough associated with the phase from earlier. Its actually a good look for many in the midwest, unless they stay separated but there is certainly a chance these two phase and create a decent MW storm that is forced east opposed to west.

I know... if you want i can do a short write up about the northern and southern stream S/W features if you look at the gfs and EC it really isn't to far off from a decent "bowling" ball threat that is blocked by the huge longwave trough associated with the phase from earlier. Its actually a good look for many in the midwest, unless they stay separated but there is certainly a chance these two phase and create a decent MW storm that is forced east opposed to west.

Yeah absolutely. I'd love to read to it if you have the time to post it.

that is heaven

MSP

EXTENDED...WHAT COULD BE THE COLDEST MORNING OF THE YEAR SO FAR IS

TAKING SHAPE ON FRIDAY MORNING. 850MB TEMPERATURES COLDER THAN

-20C DROP DOWN ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA...AND SURFACE RIDGE

SHOULD BE CLOSE BY. CLOUD COVER WILL HAVE THE FINAL SAY IN HOW COLD

WE ACTUALLY GET...BUT SEEMS -15F SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM WITH CLEAR

SKIES. IF WE FULLY DECOUPLE...-30F IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION...AS

INDICATED BY THE 2M TEMPS OFF THE 18.00Z GFS WHICH HAS -30F TO

-35F IN MN. CLOUDS SHOULD BE ON THE INCREASE AS WE HEAD THROUGHOUT

THE DAY ON FRIDAY.

Tired of this winter already.

Nickel and dime clippers. :thumbsdown:

Decent snow producers suppressed to the south, :thumbsdown:

Or, sloppy, mix/sleet/rain/snow crap...:thumbsdown:

Bring me some spring and some severe weather.

My friend Rhonda down in Georgia probably has as much snow as, if not more than I do IMBY.... There is something wrong with that on some level...

Archived