Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
NNE January 12 snowstorm obs

dendrite

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems I feel the effects of these strong echoes after they pass a hair north of my location on GYX radar. This is some of the most intense snow I've had so far. Sanbornton and Canterbury flirting with 1/10SM again and the band is pivoting straight overhead. Awesome.

Seems I feel the effects of these strong echoes after they pass a hair north of my location on GYX radar. This is some of the most intense snow I've had so far. Sanbornton and Canterbury flirting with 1/10SM again and the band is pivoting straight overhead. Awesome.

have to love to see that band pivoting down from the NE.

13" at 11:30, most snow since Jan '05. That is a long stretch for us. the last 4" has been very fluffy.

am thinking that we get at least a couple more inches before this falls apart

can you link the best radar you use? looking at a couple of them but you probably know the best. hang on band hang on!

14 inches as of 11:45. 1 inch in 18 minutes. still heavy heavy 3+/hour rates but do see the inevitable erosion to my west.

This band may keep some life to it for another hour or two at varying intensities. I'm excited for my next measurement at noon. I think we easily managed 2"+ in the last hour. My temp has been slowly climbing again (22.5F now) so we're still getting a little oomph from some WAA aloft on the east side of this band.

can you link the best radar you use? looking at a couple of them but you probably know the best. hang on band hang on!

I just use wunderground. Since I submit my station data I can get the 40 frame loops. weathertap is nice, but I'm too cheap to pay for radar data. Time to measure. :snowman:

This band may keep some life to it for another hour or two at varying intensities. I'm excited for my next measurement at noon. I think we easily managed 2"+ in the last hour. My temp has been slowly climbing again (22.5F now) so we're still getting a little oomph from some WAA aloft on the east side of this band.

Wow... I hadn't been paying attention to temps... a steamy 29.1 here.

lol my updated zone says 8-14 inches total. I hit 14 inches 1/2 hour after they changed the forecast. What is going on over there?

Reminds me of 2/5/01 when they kept upping the totals every 3 hours and still busted way low.

Archived