• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE January 12 snowstorm obs

dendrite

Just checked my blitzmail--was hoping for a work cancelation but no such luck. :arrowhead:

In my ten years at Dartmouth, we've only had two snowdays.... Almost takes an act of god to shut that place down. They've got granite in their veins!

It is really coming down hard down here in the Hanover/Lebanon area. I got in about 640 and already a solid 2-3" compared to the 1/4" when I left the house. I see airport is reporting +SN!!!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up in Montpelier at 5:30 this morning. No snow yet. As I left the house to go to work in Barre, the snow just started and here in Barre it is coming down nicely right now. Looks like a 4-8 is a fair expectation. Then again, it seems like this started a bit earlier than first anticipated so this could be moving out of here quickly too. Hope you guys all get a pile of snow!

:snowman:

Boy those Boston channel 7 weather ppl have no clue. I am in a 7-10" band on their graphic, and everyone else has me in a 12+. losers.

anyway, just north of CON, and measured 8" as of 7:30. we had a brief lull around 7AM, but i is really picking up now.

7 inches at 7:30. 5 inches fell between 5:30 and 7:30. Lulling light snow for last 20 but bigger dendrites starting to come down again just as I type this. scary dry spots opening up on radar but then seeming to fill. What do the short term models say for banding up this way?

Hey SJones I am right at the Webster/Salisbury line, where are you?

7 inches at 7:30. 5 inches fell between 5:30 and 7:30. Lulling light snow for last 20 but bigger dendrites starting to come down again just as I type this. scary dry spots opening up on radar but then seeming to fill. What do the short term models say for banding up this way?

Hey SJones I am right at the Webster/Salisbury line, where are you?

pretty close to you, Pennacook

I just walked outside... amazing stuff. My roommate came barging in asking about classes... had to tell him that they weren't cancelled. plows are amazing here, but sheesh louise. It's stormin!

I just looked at the Baker webcam--looks good down there. Rippin' right along here too. Certainly moderate if not heavy snow. 18F and about 2" so far.

Wow, the Berkshires and southern Greens of VT looked to be getting absolutely smoked right now.

Woke up in Montpelier at 5:30 this morning. No snow yet. As I left the house to go to work in Barre, the snow just started and here in Barre it is coming down nicely right now. Looks like a 4-8 is a fair expectation. Then again, it seems like this started a bit earlier than first anticipated so this could be moving out of here quickly too. Hope you guys all get a pile of snow!

:snowman:

I do the opposite commute. Snow was very light when I got up at 6:00 but was coming down much harder by the time I left at 7:00. Here in Montpelier it was falling much lighter.

I just looked at the Baker webcam--looks good down there. Rippin' right along here too. Certainly moderate if not heavy snow. 18F and about 2" so far.

Wow, the Berkshires and southern Greens of VT looked to be getting absolutely smoked right now.

I was kinda surprised KLEB only had SN for 7:53... looks like SN+ to me... We'll see.

Was down to -SN while I went out for a measurement. Now some large dendritic aggregates are mixing back in.

My snow core was 6.2" with 0.60" water equiv so a little better than 10:1. Some of that was lousy snow growth at the beginning where even though we were in the 1/2SM vis snows it was more of a case of getting a large amount 10-12:1 type crystals versus the honking 20-25:1 type. I think we have a chance to really romp over the next few hours at times though.

Was down to -SN while I went out for a measurement. Now some large dendritic aggregates are mixing back in.

My snow core was 6.2" with 0.60" water equiv so a little better than 10:1. Some of that was lousy snow growth at the beginning where even though we were in the 1/2SM vis snows it was more of a case of getting a large amount 10-12:1 type crystals versus the honking 20-25:1 type. I think we have a chance to really romp over the next few hours at times though.

Over the last two hours, the water equiv for KLEB was .17 and .16... It was .08 before that... It's 0.51 for the storm so far... That jibes with the thought that there is near 1/2 foot on the ground... It's honking... With temps in the upper teens... little wind.

As in right now. heaviest of the storm and I got 2.5/hour earlier. can't wait to go measure, the steps I shovelled an hour ago have another inch or more on them and we had a lull.

Looks like the heavier bands just keep redeveloping around here....I hope that continues as it does look like lighter snow area between con and mht.

Archived