Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
The Jan 9-10 Storm Part 3

MotoWeatherman

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Lookout will like this, his house is bullseye at atleast 1". Major ATL to AHN snow. Theres even a tongue of -4 air down western SC into Athens at 60 hours. Obviosly much better for NC as well.

yep! wonder where he is (lookout). maybe he couldnt handle the pressure lol

at 72 the 850 is north of ga, but looks like the bulk of the precip is over for n ga by then

edited to add: still some light precip at 78, frz drizzle?

the good news for my area to CLT is the bulk of the .75" falls before we have worries of a changeover. It held the trend of 18z to have a max of precip over northern and eastern GA to the western Carolinas and esp SC and southern NC, probably seeing the coastal trough axis with some low level convergence.

This isn't as wet as the 18z GFS but it sure as hell wasn't the 00z NAM...just shows the models still can't get a handle on the qpf again this is probably gonna be a nowcast situation

winter storms usually are for the se unfortunately. i agree, things look great, but until i see the radar lighting up, precip moving in and see nice, cold temps i dont know that i will believe it. its over by 84 in nga and the upstate

There is a serious QPF issue with this run....nice streak of >.75" QPF thru MS then it vanishes to <.50" thru BHM and then it starts again from ATL thru Foothills house.

Still a good run in my opinion and very similar to 18z run minus that odd QPF in AL.

Edit: just notice I posted the AL QPF thing at the same time as Itunis. LOL

the good news for my area to CLT is the bulk of the .75" falls before we have worries of a changeover. It held the trend of 18z to have a max of precip over northern and eastern GA to the western Carolinas and esp SC and southern NC, probably seeing the coastal trough axis with some low level convergence.

SV snowmap has us in 4-8 and Clover SC in 8-12lmaosmiley.gif

I know we are all watching the 00z run on the gfs, but i was wondering if someone could explain this to me?

At 84 hrs on the 18z run of the gfs this is the sounding( for RDU : which looks like an all snow sounding.. yet on bufkit, for hours 81 and 84 it shows freezing rain or drizzle, losing nearly .20'' of an inc of QPF of which to my eye should be snow. Could anyone explain why there is a difference?

GFS_3_2011010718_F84_36.0000N_78.5000W.png

RDU BUFKIT

BAMN

00zgfsp72int078.gif

You know you would think the higher resolution NAM would pick up on that better than the GFS would.

Archived