Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
The Jan 9-10 Storm Part 3

MotoWeatherman

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK....we shall is if this thread survives to kickoff.

Game is still on. Up next is the 0z GFS....let's roll....:snowman::snowman::snowman:

How about the Euro and Canadian? Anybody have an update for snow lover in Birmingham. This looks like it could be a doozie. I am trying to hold back my excitement till we get to about 6am tomorrow. Am amazed with these QPF's.

How about the Euro and Canadian? Anybody have an update for snow lover in Birmingham. This looks like it could be a doozie. I am trying to hold back my excitement till we get to about 6am tomorrow. Am amazed with these QPF's.

0z NAM has BHM staying snow for most of the event while the 18z GFS changes the snow to sleet after midnight Sunday before ending. From that you just look at the QPF maps for each model to estimate snow amounts..etc. Either way it looks like a major winter storm for Birmingham.

Once we get within 48 hours I usually focus on the NAM and GFS mainly because I have access to their detailed data.

0z NAM has BHM staying snow for most of the event while the 18z GFS changes the snow to sleet after midnight Sunday before ending. From that you just look at the QPF maps for each model to estimate snow amounts..etc. Either way it looks like a major winter storm for Birmingham.

Once we get within 48 hours I usually focus on the NAM and GFS mainly because I have access to their detailed data.

birmingham looks to be sitting pretty for an awesome thumping. i dont suppose you have access to a version of the gfs that updates faster, lol. i want to see what happens a couple of frames later

Guys:

We have 8" of fresh powder up here in the Linville area and some areas have as much as 13 inches today over towards Mount Mitchell.

Tomorrow is a perfect day for Cross Country Skiing in the NC Mountains with more snow accumulating on Saturday.

Don't let these flaky models drive ya nuts and do yourself a favor and come up and ski tomorrow in fresh powder and get back to the model watching on Sunday afternoon. They will still be there waiting for ya Sunday.

It's not worth putting yourself through all the torment!

Please don't let one of the best weekends of winter outdoor sports pass you by.

Archived