amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The NYC Banter Thread

Rib

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh, what happened to the days when a storm inside the benchmark would easily give good QPF west of the Delaware River?

What makes you think it will not. Sometimes its best to go with what makes sense and past history dictates. I think some people will be surprised how far west this storm will come at the last minute. Watch the radar not a computer graphic.

What makes you think it will not. Sometimes its best to go with what makes sense and past history dictates. I think some people will be surprised how far west this storm will come at the last minute. Watch the radar not a computer graphic.

I think the current model solutions make perfect sense though.

:thumbsup: Its comical. It really is. To see those SNOW drifts @ my old neighborhood in Wall. Knowing they are gonna get rocked and then cruisin around the valley everyday seeing deadness and dry brown earth. Its bad enough we been stuck in frigid temps since 11-21-10 around here....even worse to see that glorious sea of white..THICK white, and driving through 6 inches of snow saturday to Atlantic City...knowing my biggest storm of the year up here put out 1.5 inches!!!

I second that feeling, it seems like you need to be within 25 miles of the low these days to see the good QPF before it exponentially falls off. Between this year and last year I swear I do not remember so many storms where 50 miles can mean the difference betweeen 2" and 20" and rain is not an issue. Generally the models have been very good at picking these gradients up and I am expecting no different this time. I'll be happy if I see 6" from this storm though would not be shocked at all if I see less. Very interesting decision on whether PHL puts up a WWA or a WSW for Sussex County as they held off making a decision at 3PM.

Sigh, what happened to the days when a storm inside the benchmark would easily give good QPF west of the Delaware River?

Whatever you say, dude...nothing supports significant snow further west than PHL at BEST.

:thumbsup: Its comical. It really is. To see those SNOW drifts @ my old neighborhood in Wall. Knowing they are gonna get rocked and then cruisin around the valley everyday seeing deadness and dry brown earth. Its bad enough we been stuck in frigid temps since 11-21-10 around here....even worse to see that glorious sea of white..THICK white, and driving through 6 inches of snow saturday to Atlantic City...knowing my biggest storm of the year up here put out 1.5 inches!!!

Remember the end of last January when we scored 8" in AC while the rest of region got a measly dusting? :whistle:

I second that feeling, it seems like you need to be within 25 miles of the low these days to see the good QPF before it exponentially falls off. Between this year and last year I swear I do not remember so many storms where 50 miles can mean the difference betweeen 2" and 20" and rain is not an issue. Generally the models have been very good at picking these gradients up and I am expecting no different this time. I'll be happy if I see 6" from this storm though would not be shocked at all if I see less. Very interesting decision on whether PHL puts up a WWA or a WSW for Sussex County as they held off making a decision at 3PM.

During the Boxing Day storm Hurricane Schwartz explained the reasoning for this but, as usual, I forgot what he said... :arrowhead: (It was pretty good though.)

Whatever you say, dude...nothing supports significant snow further west than PHL at BEST.

Apparently 6 -8 inches of snow is significant to you but to us snow holed LV, even 4 inches is now significant. Using words like significant, enormous or little are vaque and non-descriptive and are not appropriate for measurements when discussing snowfall.

Archived