• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The NYC Banter Thread

Rib

Ours has probably peaked because the hawks have taken notice. The squirrels have a nest about 40 feet up in a hemlock out back. I photographed this hawk in a tree less than 50 feet away last Friday . It maybe a coincidence, but he is staring right at the Hemlock tree in this photo. Probably not.

post-290-0-08601900-1294771459.jpg

Dont hawks know that hemlocks are poisonous? ;) That was Socrates' method of execution!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uptons new snowfall forecast for me

This Afternoon: Cloudy, with a high near 31. Light east wind.

Tonight: Snow, mainly after 9pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 27. East wind 6 to 16 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow, mainly before 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. North wind between 16 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

:wub:

This was from the Boxing day blizzard.

Tonight: Snow and widespread blowing snow before 5am, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 5am. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Wind chill values as low as -1. Very windy, with a north wind between 33 and 40 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches possible.

:snowman: :snowman:

Uptons new snowfall forecast for me

This Afternoon: Cloudy, with a high near 31. Light east wind.

Tonight: Snow, mainly after 9pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 27. East wind 6 to 16 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow, mainly before 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. North wind between 16 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

:wub:

:devilsmiley:

;)

congrats!

PICS!!!!

vent post... the pinned phl thread is failing with BS!:devilsmiley:

over.

Yup, nice to see while I was sleeping, the storm thread went completely to ****, with everything from Mt. Holly bashing, to rampant whining. Nice to see the bashing was allowed to happen. And we wonder why we're called the worst subforum.

lol at the PHL Miller B thread. what a joke, even mets are just failling short of calling bust already in there. I love snow like everyone else, but man, it's just not worth it...

Big bust coming. Screw this nowcasting idea, people are nuts. Every model kills west, we can wishcast the current radar trends all we want, but west is done.

That being said, we'll enjoy our 2-4, 3-5

Im not that impressed with the radar. Sometimes u can tell these things are gonna meet and or exceed expectations based on the radar echos. This storm looks like weak sauce to me

Wait for the energy to transfer to the coast. This doesn't really get going until the low reaches New Jersey's latitude. This is why the favored areas for the big snows are Long Island northeastward. The strongest development doesn't happen until the storm is passing New Jersey, which is why amounts are held down (though still a moderate storm) southwest of LI.

Archived