Newest Member
    northernriwx
The NYC Banter Thread

Rib

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, most wind.....Windows in my house were rattling.... :yikes:

I lost power for 5 minutes. Also, I couldn't even open my door to my yard. I still can't believe that the models came back with the storm 2 days before it actually happened. I was so mad on Thursday when all the models had this going ots. My friend called me at work on Friday, Dec 24 all happy because GFS showed a big hit lol. That had to be the best Christmas Eve ever.:thumbsup:

I lost power for 5 minutes. Also, I couldn't even open my door to my yard. I still can't believe that the models came back with the storm 2 days before it actually happened. I was so mad on Thursday when all the models had this going ots. My friend called me at work on Friday, Dec 24 all happy because GFS showed a big hit lol. That had to be the best Christmas Eve ever.:thumbsup:

Best Storm ever. Best Christmas eve ever. I miss it already.

I still can't believe how the models lost it and then brought it back. Who would have thought that all of us would be tracking a major blizzard on Christmas Eve.:scooter:

I remember on the 23rd when it was my last day of school before break, all the models had backed off. I was so depressed. I just chilled with my friends, drank, and you know the other illicit stuff (grass) you can't do in this country. That same night, some hope arose, and the 24th was just magical.

I remember on the 23rd when it was my last day of school before break, all the models had backed off. I was so depressed. I just chilled with my friends, drank, and you know the other illicit stuff (grass) you can't do in this country. That same night, some hope arose, and the 24th was just magical.

I had a feeling a storm was coming because the 12z Euro ensembles on Christmas Eve was right inside the benchmark. All of the ensembles didn't agree with the op run. That was a big red flag and a major victory to the GFS on Christmas Eve. The Fim, JMA also had the storm back on Christmas Eve.

Initialization errors FTW. Sounds like HPC was hitting the stuff more than you thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Great storm it ended up being, biggest blizzard since 96.

Reading the last 10 posts brings back awful memories. I remember the 6z suite on 12/25 bringing back 0.50-1.00 QPF back to the 81 corridor...then slowly, they backed off again...our Christmas miracle was there and was gone again.

1.8 inches. :axe: :axe: And people wonder why the interior people are upset.

I understand completely. I have not gotten a big snowfall this year, but at least had a couple 4 or 5 inch storms. I'm pretty sure you'll get an event that is rain for the cities but snow up there. It isn't a winter where everything will be suppressed IMO.

Why would a bunch of sixty-somethings get excited for school break? I found the whole "chilling" thing kind of odd, too. :unsure:

Archived