• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 11-12 Model/Forecasting Discussion

Ji

What in your mind will you be looking for then for a hit as far as what the models show?

Thanks

If we get an inch of snow, that will be a hit. I'd like the models to show the low staying close enough to the coast to give us snow (,25" liquid would be plenty) but w'ere still so far out there in time, I'm not really going to worry too much about amounts. I'd like to see enough amplitued to the 500h pattern to get the precip to us so I'll probably be looking at that closer than the actual low track.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get an inch of snow, that will be a hit. I'd like the models to show the low staying close enough to the coast to give us snow (,25" liquid would be plenty) but w'ere still so far out there in time, I'm not really going to worry too much about amounts. I'd like to see enough amplitued to the 500h pattern to get the precip to us so I'll probably be looking at that closer than the actual low track.

Id prefer to see an ohio valley track and then a redevelopment because that will give us at least a guarantee of some winter weather which at this point i would take then the complete wiff and OTS that we will probably end up with

I'll take precip of any kind, just to see if it can actually happen. According to local reports, we've had 0.5 inches of precip since Dec. 1. and almost none since the little snow on Dec. 16.

Dec. 16 is now 20 days in the past. 40 days into the future, we're looking at the end of "real" winter. It will be gone in a snap. I'd like some weather before it ends.

I could live in the desert and get better than this.

I'll take precip of any kind, just to see if it can actually happen. According to local reports, we've had 0.5 inches of precip since Dec. 1. and almost none since the little snow on Dec. 16.

Dec. 16 is now 20 days in the past. 40 days into the future, we're looking at the end of "real" winter. It will be gone in a snap. I'd like some weather before it ends.

I could live in the desert and get better than this.

At this point, 1-2 inches would be a huge win!

LMAO...3 GFS runs today each with a COMPLETELY different solution to this storm. This solution is funky. Holds that first storm off the GA/SC coast for most of a day waiting on the Plains s/w to join up.

A lot of the runs for the last couple days have been doing that same delaying tactic regarding the first piece of energy...just sitting it there in the SE and hanging around waiting for the plains piece. I don't pretend to know why though :-)

Archived