Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Couple o' Clippers

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, you did really well consdering the overall crappiness of this clipper....was that some lake enhancement?

Yes. The lake helped a few spots out this way. Even a few 4-5" inch reports. May have been more in a spot or two especially near Grand Rapids on up to Muskegon. Had some nice bands off the lake earlier which hung out in a few spots for a while.

Well I'm not really excited either, but could be something to break up the boredom as you said.

I might just wait until tomorrow to make a call.

Your boy Chad says only a grass whitener. Of course he also had us in the 40's all this week with rain for this Thu-Sat, from his Dec 30 blog post. :facepalm:

MONDAY-WEDNESDAY: After mostly sunny skies Monday, skies will be partly cloudy Tuesday & Wednesday. Overnight lows will run 20-25 & daily highs will run from 35-40 Monday to 41-46 Tuesday & 42-47 Wednesday.

THURSDAY-SATURDAY: The next potential of rainfall appears to be evolving for this period. There is a corridor of heavy rainfall with the system, but it is a bit unclear as to whether this rainfall will pass through our area, or stay to our south. Temperatures will be mild in the 40s.

Your boy Chad says only a grass whitener. Of course he also had us in the 40's all this week with rain for this Thu-Sat, from his Dec 30 blog post. :facepalm:

MONDAY-WEDNESDAY: After mostly sunny skies Monday, skies will be partly cloudy Tuesday & Wednesday. Overnight lows will run 20-25 & daily highs will run from 35-40 Monday to 41-46 Tuesday & 42-47 Wednesday.

THURSDAY-SATURDAY: The next potential of rainfall appears to be evolving for this period. There is a corridor of heavy rainfall with the system, but it is a bit unclear as to whether this rainfall will pass through our area, or stay to our south. Temperatures will be mild in the 40s.

Is that for real? :unsure:

My boy? :lol:

Hard to disagree at this point though...might not be enough to cover the grass tips.

Is that for real? :unsure:

He's our local TV met, and I check in on his blog from time to time. He actually had a really good forecast for December for here in his winter outlook. But he said January would be mild/wet with a little snow. So I think he's ignoring the actual weather a little lately, to fit his outlook. ;) He's also calling for two Nor'easters for the Mid-Atlantic northward this weekend/next week. I didn't know he did EC weather too. :lol:

My boy? :lol:

Hard to disagree at this point though...might not be enough to cover the grass tips.

Yeah not sure why I put "my boy". :arrowhead:

Well it looks like i get one last chance to make a run at 2" inches thanks to this new stuff that has pushed in here off the lake. At the very least it has made the roads here a total nightmare.

Finally some snow in IMBY (West Michigan). There was between 4" and 5" and I broke out the snow shovel for the first time all winter. This is also the first time the grass has been covered. Hopefully the LES pattern continues and we can get some more later this week.

Finally some snow in IMBY (West Michigan). There was between 4" and 5" and I broke out the snow shovel for the first time all winter. This is also the first time the grass has been covered. Hopefully the LES pattern continues and we can get some more later this week.

Wow congrats! Cant believe its first time youve had to shovel though! 0.2" of new fluff overnight so the "event" total is 0.3" here, but with no water content it will probably evaporate by afternoon.

DTX certainly is interested in lake effect potential (esp 94 band) in the coming days, some of which will be induced by the shortwave/clipper/whatever you want to call it.

yeah i saw a few of the totals over that way. Not bad at all. However the big stuff arrives later tonight/Tomorrow. Then things get very interesting.

Wow congrats! Cant believe its first time youve had to shovel though! 0.2" of new fluff overnight so the "event" total is 0.3" here, but with no water content it will probably evaporate by afternoon.

DTX certainly is interested in lake effect potential (esp 94 band) in the coming days, some of which will be induced by the shortwave/clipper/whatever you want to call it.

Yeah they had a great discussion about it all. Thing i liked about it is they covered all ground with even mentioning that there could be more then 1-2 along/south of i94 out that way. Don't get a much better set up then this with a wnw/nw flow event.

It's too bad this low couldn't take a path to the SE about 100 miles westerly of where it's currently progged to by the models. GFS/GGEM were showing something like that about 3 or 4 days ago. Would have been a prime E wind lake enhanced setup, similar to Jan 17, 2009.

Still think 2-3" looks good for Toronto.

It's too bad this low couldn't take a path to the SE about 100 miles westerly of where it's currently progged to by the models. GFS/GGEM were showing something like that about 3 or 4 days ago. Would have been a prime E wind lake enhanced setup, similar to Jan 17, 2009.

Still think 2-3" looks good for Toronto.

2010-2011 SEASONAL SNOWFALL

Etobicoke, ON (IMBY): 10.0" (25.4cm)

Congrats on getting to double digits.

Thanks. 0.3" ahead of last year's pace. I suspect I'll cross the 20" line some time in late Feb.

See, trends are pointing up. :arrowhead:

What a struggle up there. In light of it, I consider myself very lucky for this past December. The future looks like a whole lot of blah for a lot of us it seems.

Archived