• Last Reply

LOT regarding second clipper

THIS WILL OCCUR AS THE PRIMARY UPPER LOW ACROSS THE SOUTHERN

HUDSON BAY DIGS ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES. IT ALSO APPEARS THAT AS THIS

LOW DIGS SOUTH ACROSS THE AREA...IT WILL INDUCE A GOOD AREA OF

MID-LEVEL FRONTOGENESIS ACROSS SOUTHWESTERN PORTIONS OF MY CWA LATE

THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT. THIS COULD PRODUCE A QUICK COUPLE OF

INCHES OF SNOW FOR THE SOUTHWESTERN THIRD OF MY CWA. I FOLLOWED

CLOSER TO THE 12 UTC GFS...NAM AND SREF SOLUTIONS ON THIS SYSTEM.

THE 12 UTC ECMWF IS ON THE SLOWER SIDE OF THE GUIDANCE...WITH THIS

WAVE AND HOLDING OFF THE PRECIPITATION AND COLDER AIR UNTIL

FRIDAY.

WOW.. Despite the crap low the NAM tries to develop a little further sw i do like the looks of it alot with how it handles the stuff at 500mb.

As for current clipper. A little better then expected with 1.5/2 inches or so at this point. Nice band north of here but does not look to be making a visit and if it does it will probably weaken as the moisture should be pulling off soon per GRR.

The late Thursday/early Friday event looks mildly interesting. Want to wait another run or so before guessing on amounts but should at least be enough to cover the ground here.

Be nice if this one over-performed like the ones did in December. That being said...0.5-1.5" first call.

Be nice if this one over-performed like the ones did in December. That being said...0.5-1.5" first call.

We've come in on the high side in virtually all of these types of events this winter. That's probably not a good way to go about things but it's something I'm considering. :lol:

Just ran 18z NAM BUFKIT... the DGZ is 100-150 mb deep throughout the event with good lift intersecting it. If this verifies I'd think we wouldn't have much trouble pulling off ratios of 15:1 and that might be conservative.

Just ran 18z NAM BUFKIT... the DGZ is 100-150 mb deep throughout the event with good lift intersecting it. If this verifies I'd think we wouldn't have much trouble pulling off ratios of 15:1 and that might be conservative.

Not bad. Hopefully the trends get better.

WOW.. Despite the crap low the NAM tries to develop a little further sw i do like the looks of it alot with how it handles the stuff at 500mb.

As for current clipper. A little better then expected with 1.5/2 inches or so at this point. Nice band north of here but does not look to be making a visit and if it does it will probably weaken as the moisture should be pulling off soon per GRR.

wow, you did really well consdering the overall crappiness of this clipper....was that some lake enhancement?

Archived