Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Couple o' Clippers

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's rare to see snow in the teens to lower 20's around this area. That usually happens in minnesota and the upper midwest. So while precip amounts dont look to be impressive it wont take much to add up, especially if we can get some moisture pulled into one of these. I just hope the air wont be too dry and we get virga for a long period.

Wow have to disagree with you on this one. I cant remember a winter when we havent had SEVERAL snowfalls with temps in the upper teens and low 20s. I remember the snowstorm of Feb 13/14, 2007 that dropped 8.5", it occurred with temps in the high single digits to low teens the entire storm.

Wow have to disagree with you on this one. I cant remember a winter when we havent had SEVERAL snowfalls with temps in the upper teens and low 20s. I remember the snowstorm of Feb 13/14, 2007 that dropped 8.5", it occurred with temps in the high single digits to low teens the entire storm.

Almost a foot of snow with temps at 12-14 degrees

Just another trace of snow here. All I expected though this far "south". Day #4 now with bare ground and seems like an eternity LOL. Last measurable snow was Dec 26th with 0.2", last time we had to shovel was with the inch of fluff on Dec 22nd, though really you could get away with only having to shovel one time, that being the Dec 12th snowstorm. Funny thing is though I was chipping at the bottom of the driveway 2 weeks later with that glued on ice/snow. Its funny actually, because imby this is not a SE MI winter....its like a mix of east coast and a northern Minnesota winter. I say east coast because we had a literally gridlocking snowstorm followed by almost nothing. I say Minnesota because we had the cold and the snowcover did not budge, but everything was going to our south. We did get our usual flakes in the air all the time, but thats about the only thing that has resembled a SE MI winter so far lol. It is going to change though, and very soon I think...

Oh, and for the hell of it, the 12z NAM has TSSN around hour 63-66 for both BTL and DTW.

There could also be a second area of accumulating snow along the nose of some jet energy diving down the backside of the ul trough:

gfs_300_060s.gif

gfs_p60_078s.gif

Lol at being in the screw zone again per the GFS precip map, along with buckeye, LAF and Northern IL. Oh well, it's only 1-2", vs. 3-5".

I'm looking forward to possibly a great LES setup this weekend.

:popcorn:

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=MIZ074&warncounty=MIC075&firewxzone=MIZ074&local_place1=Jackson+MI&product1=Special+Weather+Statement

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAND RAPIDS MI

1130 AM EST TUE JAN 4 2011

MIZ058-059-065>067-071>074-041730-

BARRY-CALHOUN-CLINTON-EATON-INGHAM-IONIA-JACKSON-KALAMAZOO-VAN BUREN-

1130 AM EST TUE JAN 4 2011

...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY...

AT 1130 AM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED

A 15 MILE WIDE BAND OF HEAVY SNOW SHOWERS ALONG A LINE EXTENDING

FROM 10 MILES WEST OF LANSING TO 10 MILES NORTHEAST OF BATTLE CREEK

TO 5 MILES NORTHWEST OF KALAMAZOO TO HARTFORD...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT

20 MPH.

VISIBILITIES OF ONE HALF MILE OR LESS ARE POSSIBLE AS THIS BAND OF

SNOW SHOWERS MOVES THROUGH. ACCORDING TO ALLEGAN COUNTY CENTRAL

DISPATCH... THE VISIBILITY DROPPED TO NEAR ZERO AND THREE QUARTERS

OF AN INCH OF SNOW FELL IN ABOUT 40 MINUTES. SOME CAR ACCIDENTS WERE

REPORTED UNDER THIS SNOW BAND.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

BEDFORD... AUGUSTA... KALAMAZOO...

BELLEVUE... LAWRENCE... HARTFORD...

OSHTEMO... AUGUSTA... WAVERLY...

POTTERVILLE... CHARLOTTE... PAW PAW...

GALESBURG... OLIVET... SPRINGFIELD...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

BE PREPARED FOR ROADS TO BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY IN A VERY

SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. UP TO ONE INCH OF SNOW MAY ACCUMULATE IN ONE

HOUR. EXPECT ABRUPT WHITEOUTS WITH LIMITED VISIBILITIES...SO USE

EXTREME CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

&&

$$

MEADE

Lol at being in the screw zone again per the GFS precip map, along with buckeye, LAF and Northern IL. Oh well, it's only 1-2", vs. 3-5".

I'm looking forward to possibly a great LES setup this weekend.

Sorry, I shouldn't have limited where I thought the "accumulating" snow was going to occur to those two locations. You'll get into the action too, but the GFS paints you into a little bit of a minima. I think the GGEM might be further north with that jet streak zone though.

Archived