Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Couple o' Clippers

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh...they just put up a blizzard warning around Mason City, IA.

..BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM CST THIS EVENING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DES MOINES HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARDWARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM CST THIS EVENING. THEWINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.* SHORT TERM TRENDS...VERY STRONG NORTHWEST AT 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO NEAR 45 MPH WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT THE AREA THROUGH THIS EVENING. THESE STRONG WINDS COMBINED WITH LIGHT SNOW BANDS AND A FRESH SNOW PACK FROM EARLIER THIS MORNING WILL LEAD TO VISIBILITY RESTRICTIONS TO LESS THAN ONE QUARTER MILE AT TIMES TO NEAR WHITE OUT CONDITIONS.* STORM TOTAL SNOW/ICE ACCUMULATIONS...LITTLE OR NO ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED.* IMPACTS...THE LOWEST VISIBILITY RESTRICTIONS WILL BE ACROSS OPEN AREAS MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DIFFICULT AT TIMES. ROADS ARE LIKELY TO BECOME SLICK WITH THE BLOWING SNOW ACROSS THE ROADWAYS CREATING BLACK ICE.

was driving just north of here, very heavy snow showers Vis <1/4 mile..looked at MLI radar 35 dbz in thoise small brief bands up that way

Yeah we ended up getting a few very brief, but high end moderate snow showers here this evening. Was enough to give us a few tenths and dust the grass up pretty nicely. The snow seems very dry, so expect it to sublimate away before it melts away.

Post Mortem:

Clipper 1: 0.5"

Clipper 2: 2.6"

LES induced by clipper 2: 5.7"

---------------------------------------------

Total 8.8"

A profitable week. First time I started a thread and it didn't end up like total dog sh*t for mby.

Congrats...so you have what, 7-8" on the ground? I told you it was coming.

Here

Event 1: 1.6"

Event 2: 2.2"

I think just about all of ours was lake effect, however there was some synoptic support/forcing I *think* from cold fronts, shortwaves/clippers, etc, so I dont know if I can call it all les, but definitely most.

Congrats...so you have what, 7-8" on the ground? I told you it was coming.

Here

Event 1: 1.6"

Event 2: 2.2"

I think just about all of ours was lake effect, however there was some synoptic support/forcing I *think* from cold fronts, shortwaves/clippers, etc, so I dont know if I can call it all les, but definitely most.

Yeah, it's tough to distinguish some times. I keep track of my LES in my records so in hybrid events I'll try to guestimate how much was synoptic and how much was lake effect.

Haven't measured since this morning, but it's probably around 7".

Post Mortem:

Clipper 1: 0.5"

Clipper 2: 2.6"

LES induced by clipper 2: 5.7"

---------------------------------------------

Total 8.8"

A profitable week. First time I started a thread and it didn't end up like total dog sh*t for mby.

Congrats, man. I'm happy with my 3.5" from this week's events. At least it's not nothing... :whistle:

How much did you get?

Snow looking more and more likely here Mon-Tue. :whistle:

i'm not there, but it sounds like anywhere between 4-6 inches...? ....long duration light snowfall basically.

will have to wait for official numbers though...

yeah that next system will likely hit LAF and miss/graze ottawa, so a chance to widen the lead again..:scooter:

i'm not there, but it sounds like anywhere between 4-6 inches...? ....long duration light snowfall basically.

will have to wait for official numbers though...

yeah that next system will likely hit LAF and miss/graze ottawa, so a chance to widen the lead again..:scooter:

Ah, I see. But let's be real, LAF may widen the lead come Tuesday or Wednesday, but there's zero chance we win this battle in the end. :lol:

Archived