Newest Member
    joxey
It's time for our annual winter GTG

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's throw out some dates.

How does mid-late Jan work for all the weenies?

sat jan 29 or sun jan 30

reason

# 1. don't put it on a weekend that pro football playoffs are (they are sat and sun of the next few upcoming weeks)

Superbowl is played Feb 6 but there is two week break following last playoff game and superbowl. everything else being = i.e (personal inconveniences)

the most logical choice would be (the week before when there are NO GAMES) i.e Sat jan 29 or SUN jan 30

how bout a location?

Hooters of west springfield?

The bar at wachusett?

set up tents in savoy state park (2400' ftw)

Hopefully we can do the 29 th 30 th type date. No high brow place, sports bar or a place with lots of room for us all.

the cabaret on route 1 (peabody) isn't usually that packed . there is the issue of dancing ladies and all.

I would think that a central location near worcester to springfield is best for most .....(with the edge going to someplace near worcester) i mean why not ...they do hold the superbowl in miami every other year.

there is a large sports bar JJ's in westborough that aint too bad and wouldn't be too packed on a football off week. Just spit ballin here. still long way off.

the cabaret on route 1 (peabody) isn't usually that packed . there is the issue of dancing ladies and all.

I would think that a central location near worcester to springfield is best for most .....(with the edge going to someplace near worcester) i mean why not ...they do hold the superbowl in miami every other year.

there is a large sports bar JJ's in westborough that aint too bad and wouldn't be too packed on a football off week. Just spit ballin here. still long way off.

JJ's is great. Favorite old haunt when I worked in Marlboro. Easy to get to. Blizz can go shopping at Christmas Tree shop afterwards.

Not Hooters. Anywhere else. I won't will frequent the place on general principals and besides, the food sucks I love the wings.

JJs Sports bar in Shrewsbury is large, good parking, right off of rtes 9 and 20, pub food

Kinda loud

I'd suggest away from JJ's. If it's the place I recall, it's okay for football (it was the only place I could find to watch Drew Bledsoe after his move to Buffalo), but I don't recall it being conducive for much discussion. I think we should have it at Coach's in Hartford (is that still there?).

I'd suggest away from JJ's. If it's the place I recall, it's okay for football (it was the only place I could find to watch Drew Bledsoe after his move to Buffalo), but I don't recall it being conducive for much discussion. I think we should have it at Coach's in Hartford (is that still there?).

Didn't Hunchback recommend the disaster place in ORH last time? Need someone who is in the know to find a spot. ORH is central.

Didn't Hunchback recommend the disaster place in ORH last time? Need someone who is in the know to find a spot. ORH is central.

Yeah, I picked the Brew City disastah. Did not realize the staff was douches there.

And I haven't been to JJs in 5 or so years. Might be hard to talk, etc. But it is a good sports bar.

Jillians in Worcester?

I thought Funky Murphy's was acceptable. What's wrong with going back?

Yeah I really like the back area where they just let us do whatever and have our own thing and there's plenty of space to ourselves. But some people complained about not being where the rest of the patrons were....but I honestly don't take that into account. I'm not there to see other non-weather patrons at a GTG. But to each his own.

I'd be willing to do something further east this time around as the last 3 have been in ORH, NoHo, and ORH again.

Yeah I really like the back area where they just let us do whatever and have our own thing and there's plenty of space to ourselves. But some people complained about not being where the rest of the patrons were....but I honestly don't take that into account. I'm not there to see other non-weather patrons at a GTG. But to each his own.

I'd be willing to do something further east this time around as the last 3 have been in ORH, NoHo, and ORH again.

I thought that place was fine. Agree about seeing others. I know cold miser wants to hit up a tittie bar but im good with just talking wx

A decent place might be Owen O'leary's in southborough. My friend and I used to always go there a couple years ago. Its very close to both 495 and the Mass pike. Its right on route 9 eastbound before the Southborough and Framingham line. They have a very large upstairs area that would easily support a decent sized group.

Its a good spot for folks further east and its very close proximity to both 495 and 90 make it quite convenient.

Archived