Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 10

yhbrooklyn

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ppl are dumb... I saw ppl stranded and crashed cars early around 3pm when I was in NJ for a bit. Saw a Mustang lose control and several bigger cars involved in accidents on I-78 near newark.

Every street in manhattan is deserted besides people stuck behind stuck cabs. The street in front of me is completely covered by a 4 foot drift 50 feet ahead. It is the worst I've ever seen and I was in dc for 2/5, which had similar now totals but lacked wind.

As I wirte this I am on back up power and an air card everything is out here at the weather center in Harrison, NJ

We have measured 25 inches as we are the official cooperative observer for Hudson County NJ. Drifts are

esimated up to 6 foot between the homes. plows like everywhere else have been out all night,

The only storm that comes close to this is 1996 I thought I never see a storm like that again.

We still a few more hours to g before this totally ****s off and I think this storm could top

96 if we can get into another heavy band that have been dropping 2 to 3 inches per hour.

This storm to this forecaster and observer AWESOME !!

Every street in manhattan is deserted besides people stuck behind stuck cabs. The street in front of me is completely covered by a 4 foot drift 50 feet ahead. It is the worst I've ever seen and I was in dc for 2/5, which had similar now totals but lacked wind.

The amount of snow IN the street is just astounding! There were stretches on 6th Ave. in Midtown with dozens of cars just parked right in the middle of the street.

This is going to be a nightmare to clean up - meanwhile Vis. is up to 1 mi. here with SN- and roaring winds... trying to break 20"!

The amount of snow IN the street is just astounding! There were stretches on 6th Ave. in Midtown with dozens of cars just parked right in the middle of the street.

This is going to be a nightmare to clean up - meanwhile Vis. is up to 1 mi. here with SN- and roaring winds... trying to break 20"!

Broadway on 86th street at around 10:00 pm was empty, deserted. I was walking in the street, minding my own business. Word of Advice: Never walk through Central Park at 9:30pm, alone during an all-out blizzard---Most exhilarating but frightening experience ever.

NYC sanitation truck still stuck outside..lol I heard it's engine running while taking this pic of my side door. Just something for now from my cell. Bed/nap and big day in a few hours shoveling! :)

doorm.jpg

Man I love snow and all, but I would not want this much that is going to be a nightmare to clean up.

Continuing to snow quite heavily. Again, maybe 1-2"/hour. If we have about an hour-two left here, it's not out of the realm of possibility I tack on another few inches at this rate. Snow drifts are almost up to my first floor windows.

With the snow and wind still doing their thing you guys think the LIRR will be operational in a few hours? Has NY declared a state of emergency? The roads were absolutley insane at 2am. And i'm talking about the main roads. My road looks like something out of Ice Road Truckers.

With the snow and wind still doing their thing you guys think the LIRR will be operational in a few hours? Has NY declared a state of emergency? The roads were absolutley insane at 2am. And i'm talking about the main roads. My road looks like something out of Ice Road Truckers.

The LIRR was having trouble keeping snow off the 3rd rail, and that was 5 hours ago. Service is probably looking spotty at best. And forget about roads-they'll still be bad tomorrow because of all the blowing snow. My street is impassible now and I've heard plenty of stories about stranded/abandoned vehicles around town. I'm very lucky I seem to have survived this without majorly losing power.

Archived