• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 10

yhbrooklyn

this is the biggest storm I can remember and I'm older than dirt...I had to let my dog out and I had to go out and dig him a path...There must be at least 2 feet with four-five foot drifts...

now you know it's historic if Unc says this ..he's seen em all..still snowing in West Babylon..winds still howling..looks like the drifts are unreal

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northern Queens and Nassau are getting obliterated right now with that last band w/specks of yellow on radar and headed straight at me. Conditions now are pretty much as bad as they have been all day. It has to be snowing 2-3" per hour and the wind is insane. I can barely see across my street!!

Absolute insanity!!

from my a friend 6 hrs ago via facebook....

''I'm stranded in a rest area somewhere near Rt 17 in NJ. We were driving under blizzard conditions until wipers just gave out... visibility was zero and we all had to pull over. Luckily there was gas and food here... We'll spend the night here :( gnite peepz"

from my a friend 6 hrs ago via facebook....

''I'm stranded in a rest area somewhere near Rt 17 in NJ. We were driving under blizzard conditions until wipers just gave out... visibility was zero and we all had to pull over. Luckily there was gas and food here... We'll spend the night here :( gnite peepz"

Ouch, owned

After this one, u'll probably start hearing weenies cry 12/26/10 when a storm is destined to out to sea...

Usually the cry is: 'Wait until the shortwave enters the dense observing network', as if that makes the storm travel close to the coast, although there is plenty of valid scientific reasoning behind that statement.

Usually the cry is: 'Wait until the shortwave enters the dense observing network', as if that makes the storm travel close to the coast, although there is plenty of valid scientific reasoning behind that statement.

I think we can finally replace 1/25/00 as the one that gets brought up, now this will be the one 36 hours out people always are pulling for.

Ultmately left the SUV in the middle of the road in brooklyn was incredibly stuck! Luckily I wasn't driving and I had recommended taking the subway... fun night regardless and i'd guess 20-24" or so here. Drifts are over 4 feet!

Ehhhh Idk bout leaving a car in the road like that.

Well this storm will be in my mind for a long time to come for another reason.

Stupid stomach virus had me throw up four times over night and felt horrible most of the evening leading up to it. Trying to hydrate myself now.

It took away from my viewing experience for outside and viewing the boards. Will gladly deal with it again for another repeat storm like that :arrowhead:

Archived