• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 7

am19psu

CCB pretty much rides right along the Jersey Shore, 850 stays offshore through 39 except for tip of Suffolk and the Cape. Very similar evolution to 0z...less stacked/wrapped than 6z...about as good as it can get for a heavy snow blitz at the Shore.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I don't like is the western side gradient. That's one hell of a cut-off again. We dealt with this last year as well, and lately we always seem to be on the fence.

Yep....if you're in western Montco/Chester/Berks/Schuylkill/Lancaster, etc. there's going to be a gradient somewhere in there between 2" and 8" over 20-25 miles... :(

I think there's a very high likelihood of thundersnow and some extremely heavy (3"+ per hour) snow rates in places. Just look at the dynamics as the low closes off at 500mb, just insane. Omegas look extremely favorable as well.

Tomorrow's going to be one incredibly dynamic and exciting day. And the storm slides just a bit east so the worry for dryslots/rain is gone. :thumbsup:

Definitely a likelihood for blizzard conditions along the coast as well, I'm surprised blizzard watches aren't up for the area. The beaches are going to take an incredible pounding, and there's almost certainly going to be coastal flood concerns for some of the back bays and the Long Island Sound.

Archived