• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

18 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Brilliant sunshine right now.

looping this .. we're "clearly" getting very lucky here in southeast NH and northeast MA.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-Rhode_Island-02-24-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

And no kidding! the cleanliness of the air must be providing exceptional radiation efficiency because 'brillant' is an understatement

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

that's because the sun is flat like the Earth -

:lol: 

It's possible I saw something. There was some "shadowing" towards the bottom right of the Sun. Not sure what it would look like viewing through eclipse glasses since I've never done it. 

Clouds totally rolled in now so no shot to look again.

• Like 1

the cloud motion on there is something.   

180 and deg between low and upper levels like that - I mean no angle.   That rareness is what it takes to f over SNE from getting truly warm this late spring. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It's possible I saw something. There was some "shadowing" towards the bottom right of the Sun. Not sure what it would look like viewing through eclipse glasses since I've never done it. 

oh, I know what the problem is - you have to stare at the illuminated disk with unaided, unprotected eye for no less than 5 consecutive minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That was indeed the sunspot group.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Qpf = dews…ok got it.

yeah, it means more to RH.

like ... when it is 30f'ing9 degrees and pouring rain, while 'Making America great again' folk inform us that it's an unending, unperturbed perfect spring of warm days, ... the RH is likely up there around 99% 

phew.  so hot that you have to install.  I mean after all, it's  99   :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I think all the birds are back. I've counted eight different kinds of warblers today.

Screenshot_20240510_113924_Merlin Bird ID.jpg

My window has concussed 2 orioles in 2 days. Maybe I have the rare Welker oriole 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Admittedly today surprises me a little with the sky and cloud layout.   I was thinking the opposite, that the mid and high synoptic deck would eat back heading E of NYS, while we'd be inundated by Ole man Labrador strata farts up my way, rending CT and western Mass salvageable.   But alas!  the mid and high deck is spilling over, while apparently Labrador's been taking his dulcolax because there's no strata deck/accumulating fog miasma fartin off GOM so far. 

It's not warm, per se.  But with that intense May sun beamin' through this coolish air it isn't so bad really.

60/37  ...nice early autumn appeal :(.  

It's interesting that the world is apparently still putting up gaudy CC temperatures making press about every month being warmer than the last and unprecedented this and that ... while we 'feel' like this is iglooian purgatory.  I was just looking at the monthly - so far - DEPs on Box' climo site and apparently we are  above normal - more so CT way.  I suppose having a couple of 80 days'll do that, huh. 

I guess what it boils down to is that we will always be cool, relative to the world's CC issue ...while still being above normal, at times ...being stung by rancid Atlantic cold.  Welcome to the heat short bus

• Haha 1

I don't think Logan's been a mystery at all.

In fact, it only underscores that uselessness of placing any kind of a 'societal indicator' out on an island in the midst of a thermal black hole -

that's the enigma.

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Plenty of sun coming out here now . Without looking I probably have 6-8 days in the 70’s .. you have 1

6-2. I gave you a couple of 69.9s and I have a couple at 69.