• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/1-4/2 severe threat (southern portion of subforum)

12 hours ago, OHweather said:

Broyles has gotten better over the years and usually the SPC is pretty good about not whipping around the outlooks too much, but I don’t think anyone was very happy with the initial Day 2 outlook this morning to say the least 

Broyles on today's 4-8:

There is still considerable
   uncertainty on Saturday, mainly due to the lack of low-level
   moisture and instability. 

SO WHY DID YOU INTRODUCE AN AREA????!

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Skies look to be clearing from Kentucky into Central Ohio

It'll be interesting to see what kind of clearing can make it here in the next couple of hours.   Still heavily overcast but noticed some breaks to the north and south earlier.   Looks like we still have a round of showers the next hour or so.   I would imagine in this setup we're not going to need several hours of blaring sun to get things rocking...even just a few breaks should help light the fuse.   

looks like clearing is beginning in the area around  indy, rain is moving out of the Cincinnati area now, with some weak sunshine trying to get through the clouds

I'm trying to sift through wishcasters and forecasters on Twitter. Forecasters seem to think the moisture is lacking and the recovery time isn't as long as it could have been. Wishcasters seem to think it's going to be the 1974 Super Outbreak. Unfortunately, they're scaring the heck out of people.

Literally a PHD tries to say it could be sporadically nasty, and then we get people talking about 1974.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Floydbuster said:

I'm trying to sift through wishcasters and forecasters on Twitter. Forecasters seem to think the moisture is lacking and the recovery time isn't as long as it could have been. Wishcasters seem to think it's going to be the 1974 Super Outbreak. Unfortunately, they're scaring the heck out of people.

Literally a PHD tries to say it could be sporadically nasty, and then we get people talking about 1974.

welcome to the fusion of social media and meterology.

My daughter, who has zero interest in weather sent me a text asking how worried she should be because it's all over social media that 'we're gonna have a bad tornado today'....  lol

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

ASOS just reported 92mph gust with that line in WV that had went through Kentucky 

NWUS51 KRLX 021440
LSRRLX

Preliminary Local Storm Report
National Weather Service Charleston WV
1040 AM EDT Tue Apr 2 2024

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1030 AM     Tstm Wnd Gst     2 S Ceredo              38.37N 82.56W
04/02/2024  M92 MPH          Wayne              WV   ASOS

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

welcome to the fusion of social media and meterology.

My daughter, who has zero interest in weather sent me a text asking how worried she should be because it's all over social media that 'we're gonna have a bad tornado today'....  lol

Well atleast you're a bit closer to the action. Imagine having people freakout who live closer to Erie than Cincinnati. 

:yikes:

NWUS51 KRLX 021445
LSRRLX

Preliminary Local Storm Report
National Weather Service Charleston WV
1045 AM EDT Tue Apr 2 2024

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1025 AM     Tstm Wnd Dmg     2 SW Westwood           38.46N 82.70W
04/02/2024                   Boyd               KY   Emergency Mngr

Trailer overturned and houses nearby
            destroyed.

I may make a trip southeast if it looks like anywhere north of 70 in Ohio ends up being in play. The trend is not my friend, but there's still time...

EDIT: Just wow at Ohio once again being the hotspot this early spring.

so far things seem discombobulated.    The blue skies here are now clouding up as some garden variety showers and thunderstorms get ready to move thru.    After that it looks like another period of clearing/drying and then we wait and see if things start growing out of the southern IL/w. KY  area.      Not super impressive yet.   

• Like 2

The stuff currently developing from central IN into KY (and anything that fires immediately ahead of it) will be “the show”. We’ll see what the show ends up being. Airmass recovery attempting to occur ahead of that activity but it’s a short window to do it. The low is deepening so wind fields will be extremely robust. We’ll find out quite a bit about if much will happen in the next few hours. 

• Thanks 1

after some fairly intense rain and a bit of thunder, the skies are fairly clear again in the Cincinnati area. 70 with a 65° dew point. photo attached is looking SSW

20240402_153223.jpg