• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

I see NWS forecast mentions thunderstorms in my forecast tomorrow. 

Thanks for mentioning this - with the storm track a bit farther north, the chance of storms here increases accordingly. Would not be shocked if we get a low key severe threat in the southern tier tomorrow night.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 3:34 PM, Yardstickgozinya said:

I have 20+ clients spread out all around the Harrisburg area. Not a single one has had to mow yet although a few are now ready for a first mowing.

saturday was 2nd cut for me. My neighbors haven't mowed at all yet and its extremely noticeable between theirs and mine. It looks worse for them as she should have had 1 more cut in the fall, but hey, she's smarter then everyone else 

54 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

That's a bit concerning. df1fb80f4dc3a1471ea474b9cf75c12b.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I know people in here are focusing on one last potential wintry threat, I certainly respect and understand that. But the bigger story to me in the next 48 hours is the severe threat that's unfolding not too far away from us. I feel that the pretty colors aren't finished moving towards us, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I know people in here are focusing on one last potential wintry threat, I certainly respect and understand that. But the bigger story to me in the next 48 hours is the severe threat that's unfolding not too far away from us. I feel that the pretty colors aren't finished moving towards us, too.

I think much of that is also reliant upon what the forming Tue night low does.   The GFS wind maps showed much of the more active area in front of the low veering to the east of some of the LSV.  Also, maybe that MDT in Ohio can more consistently reflect our areas temps?

• Thanks 1

Western PA could be in trouble.

I think our air will be too stable for severe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sauss06 said:

saturday was 2nd cut for me. My neighbors haven't mowed at all yet and its extremely noticeable between theirs and mine. It looks worse for them as she should have had 1 more cut in the fall, but hey, she's smarter then everyone else 

Alot of mowing has commenced since I made that post. No shortage of mowers running in the distance over the weekend. 

• Like 1

This spring and summer climatology is not conducive to an above average season for severe weather east of the Mississippi, but active solar conditions could help enhance are storms quit a bit as far as lightning frequency. Judging by today and tomorrow the eastern USA is off to an early start so we shall see.