joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Storm VII

Cold Rain

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSP being very cautious along the I-85 corridor. from Greenville to Spartanburg to Gaffney it appears they are calling for total storm accumulations of 2 to 4 inches. I'll take it but based on the most recent model runs, seems to be a little ont he low side. Maybe they are factoring in P type issues or anticipating some dry slotting. We'll see.

Merry Christmas to all my se friends !!! Enjoy your white Christmas :snowman:

NWS -- ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST SUNDAY...

.TODAY...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES. COOLER WITH

HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF SNOW

90 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...SNOW. ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES.

NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 30. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS...

BECOMING NORTH AROUND 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH AFTER

MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOW 90 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE MORNING...THEN A SLIGHT

CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO ADDITIONAL

SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S. NORTH WINDS 10 TO

15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 40 PERCENT.

So they say- 2-6 :wacko: I think we def have a shot at 6-10 :snowing:

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I can't believe we're in a winter storm warning and are going to see snow on Christmas. How things have changed! And if that system goes just a tad west, we are really going to get thumped here. I am sitting right at US1, so I think I am in a great spot.

:thumbsup: same to you. i cant believe it either, and imagine that most of us cant :snowman: radar shows some heavier echos here soon, but i am getting impatient

Still waiting for some heavy returns. the lasy little batch has some ip mixed in. Need some heavy returns ..

GSP being very cautious along the I-85 corridor. from Greenville to Spartanburg to Gaffney it appears they are calling for total storm accumulations of 2 to 4 inches. I'll take it but based on the most recent model runs, seems to be a little ont he low side. Maybe they are factoring in P type issues or anticipating some dry slotting. We'll see.

Only thing I'm a little worried about is that if snow holds off until this afternoon, then we may have mixing issues as boundary layer temps may be a tad too warm. Temperature right now has risen to 36.6 but my wetbulb is hanging right around the 32 degree mark so right now I think we are still ok but if we are 39 or 40 degrees when precip starts then don't be too surprised to see a few raindrops mixed with the snow at first. Even so as cold as it will be aloft temps should quickly fall to freezing or a little below once heavier precipitation commences.

Not sure I am buying into the NAM with with its low track east than the GFS and SREF. There appears to be some vort max spin up off the coast that the low shifts towards too.

Yea I was wondering about that. Figured it's time to not worry about the models though, mother nature is going to do what she wants to do at this point.

Yea I feel you, things can go to crap in a heart beat. Gotta see where that low goes once it hits FL, hopefully one of us won't be caught holding the bag.

Looks like the dreaded triangle is putting up a good fight. Notice on the radar how it shows the green slot of rain (although nothing is hitting the ground) that looks like the point of a triangle? Thats our areas, even back to Roberts hizzle. After the past few years...I am skittish about this until the snow gets started. Radar looking GREAT THOUGH!:thumbsup::weight_lift:

Luckily my kids are older and not here! They'll be here later though, I have to take advantage of my time while I have it right now!

It appears to me that this storm has started to take on a negative tilt.... getting good.

ntilt.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. It's going negative by the minute. Radar returns are looking PURTY, too:

csg.gif

Not sure I am buying into the NAM with with its low track east than the GFS and SREF. There appears to be some vort max spin up off the coast that the low shifts towards too.

easily influenced by upstream vort maxes. this low will be stronger and closer tot he coast line.

anyone know where the local forecasts on the weather channel comes from? i am in northeast sc and the nws is calling for 1-3 inches while the weather channel local forecast is calling for 4-6 inches!

why the huge difference?

It will be changing quickly throughout the day. If this thing does what it's suppose to do, the radar ought to explode this afternoon.

Where the heck is FFC!? I have been feeling good about there performance all week until now! Its obvious if they would bother to check on NW GA at any point we already have 1-2 on the ground. Looking out the window at this heavy wet snow that is pouring down and looking at radar and then model data one would see why HSV and MRX both issued WSW for there counties why FFC continues to always be the slow office in anything this way is beyond me..Rant Off Merry Christmas!

Archived