joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Storm VII

Cold Rain

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this question to SBUWX23 in the other thread. Since it has reached it's limits I thought I would move it over here.

Yea if the 6z gfs is correct the west trend can stop. If this takes a negative tilt to early is it possible this could be slightly inland causing mixing issues in the RDU area? What are your thoughts? Or is this just my inner weenie coming out? LOL

My understanding of the situation: As the low increases in stength, it would pull air from the north and northeast as it tilted. With cold air (I think it's supposed to be between -9C and -12 aloft)to the north, all it could pull in is more cold air. Mixing would only be an issue for a couple of dozen miles around. This dog has a cold nose.

And merry Christmas everyone. There's nothing like getting a present that takes 18 hours to unwrap!

Everyone needs to stop trying to find every way this could go wrong. When was the last time anyone in the SE had a threat like this? Enjoy it while it lasts!

i think thats the problem, we dont very often and arent used to it. we are much more used to having a good storm fizzle at the last minute :lol: the difference this time? radar shows the precip is coming :)

edited to add: looks like the precip is filling in nicely in eastern alabam :scooter:

I'm really liking the radar right now. Starting to fill in nicely in south Ga/SC

very much so! this is what was missing last jan when we were supposed to get all that snow and ice...woke up to nothing on radar, and it never developed like was forecasted. this time we dont have to wait and watch, its already there

very much so! this is what was missing last jan when we were supposed to get all that snow and ice...woke up to nothing on radar, and it never developed like was forecasted. this time we dont have to wait and watch, its already there

Yea, last January you could see the convection really robbing the moisture. This is really looking nice so far! If we get the phase we're looking for the moisture should really explode.

Not trying to sound grumpy on this Christmas morning but we got basically 2 different obs threads going on this event. Could it be possible decide which thread we're using or merge both threads into one?

I was thinking the same thing, not sure which one to post in, I suppose we're in 'Obs' mode now so I was moving to that thread, but this is the more long standing string of threads for this system, so I suppose this should be the thread proper, no?

I was thinking the same thing, not sure which one to post in, I suppose we're in 'Obs' mode now so I was moving to that thread, but this is the more long standing string of threads for this system, so I suppose this should be the thread proper, no?

Obs thread here http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/5899-observations-christmas-day-storm-and-beyond/page__st__100

Yea I know where the 'obs' thread is, but I think having two threads is counter productive, and is splitting the discussion in and unhelpful manner. Unless, I suppose, everyone just wants two threads. I just don't see the point other than having a disjointed convo about the nowcast situation we're in. We're pretty well past analysis proper, and into actualities.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hard to believe we are all sitting pretty here on christmas morning! I do believe Cold Rain deserves a freaking medal after all the good luck hes given us with these threads!Snowman.gif

Agreed. Despite the user name "Cold Rain", we end up getting the chance to see a snowy surprise this Christmas! :):snowman:

Thanks a lot guys. :) I will be happy after we see some snow falling from the sky!

That's how I feel. It's just a waiting game while watching the radar and listening to the kids play with their new toys. arrowheadsmiley.png I see what's going on to the west and want to get in on the game ASAP.

Currently in GSO...

mostly cloudy

34F/19F

That's how I feel. It's just a waiting game while watching the radar and listening to the kids play with their new toys. arrowheadsmiley.png I see what's going on to the west and want to get in on the game ASAP.

Currently in GSO...

mostly cloudy

34F/19F

We opened a few presents and then my son wanted to eat! What's up with that? I haven't gotten to open a thing yet. Now, I'm posting between cooking breakfast and eating.

Archived