Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks like long range charts for the warm February we just had to me.

ya if that verifies F this Winter! You can see it now, the weenie long range will finally verify this one time once the calendar flips to spring .. But it'll be too late and still produce 30s and rain. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Greetings again from Donner! The entire front of the four-story condo has now disappeared. We have been taking turns on a side entrance keeping that clear (well, kinda) so that at least we can get outside. I do a lot of lake effect chasing so I have seen some incredibly intense snowfall but we had a thunderstorm earlier today that easily dropped 4 or 5 inches in a 30 minute time span. Pretty epic storm. 

IMG_1641.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, katabatic said:

Greetings again from Donner! The entire front of the four-story condo has now disappeared. We have been taking turns on a side entrance keeping that clear (well, kinda) so that at least we can get outside. I do a lot of lake effect chasing so I have seen some incredibly intense snowfall but we had a thunderstorm earlier today that easily dropped 4 or 5 inches in a 30 minute time span. Pretty epic storm. 

IMG_1641.jpeg

Unreal 

Is there any consensus on how 1717 compares to Feb 2015? I mean obviously there aren't any official records but is there some idea on what that event was like? When I saw that picture of the four story lodge completely covered I immediately thought of 1717, based on accounts.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, katabatic said:

IMG_1641.jpeg

Insane. And California mountains were begging for snow much of the 2010s. The ebbs and flows of west/east.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ChangeofSeasonsWX said:

Is there any consensus on how 1717 compares to Feb 2015? I mean obviously there aren't any official records but is there some idea on what that event was like? When I saw that picture of the four story lodge completely covered I immediately thought of 1717, based on accounts.

We can’t ever come close to that around here. 

I think that stretch in 1717 may have been similar to the 3 week stretch we had in 2015. But I’m always skeptical of those accounts when everyone then was 4’9” with clear cut land to let drifts literally go to thy thatched roof. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We can’t ever come close to that around here. 

I think that stretch in 1717 may have been similar to the 3 week stretch we had in 2015. But I’m always skeptical of those accounts when everyone then was 4’9” with clear cut land to let drifts literally go to thy thatched roof. 

Yeah me too… obviously huge amounts of snow but 2015 probably wipes out whole villages back then.  Colonial times and 5 feet on the level sounds like a problem.

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It actually passes over the islands just about as deep 

Yea, not trying to speak in absolutes....like I said, if we begin to see a consensus for that type of evolution congeal around mid week, then it will be time to revisit my thoughts on the matter. Just my early hunch that it won't work out for us, for the most part. But totally reasonable interpretation on your part.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, not trying to speak in absolutes....like I said, if we begin to see a consensus for that type of evolution congeal around mid week, then it will be time to revisit my thoughts on the matter. Just my early hunch that it won't work out for us, for the most part. But totally reasonable interpretation on your part.

I’d deff watch EOR from ORH to NE.

• Like 1