• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

I think this looks good for another region wide advisory event, would put 2-4” as a starting point for most. Still room for a bit more upside, and I think we’ll see pockets of 6”+ near the Mason-Dixon Line. Perhaps a lite version of 1/19? I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a last second tick north but most should be immune from that.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

North of Mont county to Mappy and PSU land has less QPF, BUT colder...that's how they get the same amount we get here.   OF course they are gonna score

For the record, that is genuinely not the case every time, or even most times - it might be the case with big dog cold storms but still need decent qpf in these kind of situations even up here to get decent accumulations... 

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

For the record, that is genuinely not the case every time, or even most times - it might be the case with big dog cold storms but still need decent qpf in these situations even up here in these situations to get decent accumulations... 

A triangle from you to me down to baltimore has been getting screwed. Also you should never have the same amount of snow as me lol

Just now, stormtracker said:

Sure, but I'd rather be you than me when it comes to snow

I get it, but I am at only 8.5" on the year - not like there has been some magical north jackpot that is maximizing things. Far from it. PSU up on Mt. Crumpet is his own thing. He is 30 miles from me and it might as well be Tahoe the difference - he clocked six inches on Tuesday and I was a slushy .7 give or take. All things being equal, max'ing the qpf across my back yard would always be cool as opposed to counting on a gnats hair ass colder to make up the difference...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, T. August said:

A triangle from you to me down to baltimore has been getting screwed. Also you should never have the same amount of snow as me lol

Yeah. I know people don't care because this an IMBY game but...it has been a long time and I kinda chuckle when I see another system with slightly drier amounts for our area is all. It's all fine, I get it...etc., etc., but...just once would like to maximize QPF up in our devil's trianlge of sadness when it is cold enough to be snow. Been a quick minute. Like, 8 years of waiting...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

It’s worse for everyone (not by a lot at all, but worse) unless you are in the northern “fringe” zones. I use fringe in quotes cause we all know where the band sets up in events like these

c739355776f969adeb69764c1b88153a.jpg

Booooo…not the reveal I was looking for.

• Haha 1