Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

35 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Euro is colder also, snow falls with surface temps of 25-27 for you and me.  And the high on Saturday is 33 in Winchester and 31 here.  Might actually feel like winter for a minute or two.  

So you thinking like  30/31 for say Beltsville during the snow?

11 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Let’s get a 10pm onset so I don’t age one year in 6 hours by staying up until 4am for non starting snow!

Thanks 

not sure how much more you can age at this point! Enjoy

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not sure. But it has a great view of Mount Washington and a great climate

about 20 miles north is better...Conway gets a lot of snow but they are south of the spine of the Apps and they are vulnerable to thaws.  Once you get north of Mt Washington in NH and north of the ridge line that Sunday River and Sugarloaf are on in ME they really don't get any warm ups all winter and hold snow cover from like Thanksgiving until May.   

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

So you thinking like  30/31 for say Beltsville during the snow?

If the timing and track remains how it looks now...precip probably starts with temps around 35, the problem is it gets into the 40's in the DC area on Friday and clouds roll in before dark.  But temps drop quickly to 31-32 or so once precip starts.  Down to 30 or so by the time it ends.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I told you, I'm always down for that.   You me and Zwyts...the old days

We should get like 3 more new to us to join the old big Three. I think Ebbits doesn’t do half price anymore and maybe PSU or Ji has a favored place and some nurturing bonding can occur??

11 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

We should get like 3 more new to us to join the old big Three. I think Ebbits doesn’t do half price anymore and maybe PSU or Ji has a favored place and some nurturing bonding can occur??

I'm always down to meet up, but I have the kids this weekend.  I might try to host another BBQ at my place this summer if there is any interest.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Looking a little more robust than it has through 39

Well, I didn't want to mention it because who knows what the next panel will show...hard to tell and when I'm unsure I just don't say anything.   That being said, the s/w responsible does appear to be slightly better and the orientation of the precip is a bit norther than 12z.  Nothing huge yall, just an observation.   Still too early to call