• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

30.4° and snowing moderately here 12 miles south if I84 in Orange County. Intensity down in the last 15 minutes.

4.0 inches officially as of 5:15 am. Don't know what happened between midnight and five but wish I'd been up to see it. This has already exceeded my greatly lowered expectations from last night. Plows already been through and street covered again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

As of 5 am, we're at 33F with 1/2" of mixed snow/sleet on the ground.  Just woke up at 5 am so I didn't see the changeover, but the radar indicates we likely changed from rain to snow around 4 am.  Every surface is covered including the streets in front of our house and it's likely having some sleet helped with overcoming melting as sleet pellets have a much lower surface area per unit volume than snowflakes and melting only occurs at the surface, so melting is much slower for sleet.  For all of those saying snow/sleet wouldn't accumulate after the rain with above 32F temperatures, you should've paid attention to my days of posts on this, lol.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

I wouldn't doubt it. I left my house in Vernon an hour ago and we had 4".

Make sure to check the event total graphics on NWS sites. Those include snow for the whole event the most likely starts at 12z so it's the remainder of event 

• Like 1