Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

5 minutes ago, NittanyWx said:

Coastal marginal temps/mixing keep things at bay accumulation wise.  it'll look nice for a period, you'll get some accumulation on grassy surfaces, but a lot of it will feel 'wasted'.  It's still better than what it looked like a couple of days ago.

This is game on north of the merritt/287.

If it was March I'd agree but being mid February still, the city can really accumulate even in a marginal setup if the storm is dynamic enough outside of midtown Manhattan of course.

I think 3-6 is a good call for the city right now, more just north of the city but it was higher potential IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Brian5671 said:

do you really think city streets will be snow covered with temps 33-34?

It might go below that with intense rates but no. 

It's a wait and see game but this looks way better for us then what I showed. 

2 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

Sell the 4-8" in the city. 2-4" tops, which is better then it was looking 2 days ago

Think you can go in the middle of the two ranges and be fine.  This storm is very juicy, but very marginal too.   Snow board will do better than 'on ground'

It won't look or feel like 3-6" for a bunch of folks in the city (more than manhattan too, brooklyn et al).  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

That's what they do here unless it becomes excessive with the amt of days off

This is what is should be. Ours justified it as kids still get the thrill of the snow day and will want to be outside (a rarity in today's world). It is also incredibly important to their development when they can play with the kids in the neighborhood outside. 

16 minutes ago, Terraryzing87 said:

Thankfully my district on the Island has done away with the option of remote for snow days. 

We really have seen that kids just cannot focus during online school for more than 45 minutes anyway. It is boring and there is no collaboration. Rather just have them off completely since when it is snowing anyway, I doubt they will be paying attention anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

You tried to warn 'em!

So now we should all worry about that ? Let's enjoy the storm and see what happens during the storm. Just yesterday majority of people on here didn't even think it would snow.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

This is what is should be. Ours justified it as kids still get the thrill of the snow day and will want to be outside (a rarity in today's world). It is also incredibly important to their development when they can play with the kids in the neighborhood outside. 

We really have seen that kids just cannot focus during online school for more than 45 minutes anyway. It is boring and there is no collaboration. Rather just have them off completely since when it is snowing anyway, I doubt they will be paying attention anyway.

OT but one of the wort decision ever to stick with that for as long as they did

• Like 1

Just now, jm1220 said:

N NYC, N Shore, N of I-80 sure. S Shore still not looking great. Tough call still.

South shore is looking better than a yesterday. 

I don't get all the negative comments. Just enjoy the snow .

It might be the last snow of the season .

2 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

Between too many kids on "smart" phones, and an out of touch, ill informed, top down bureaucracy, public education is getting to the point of being trashed beyond any salvation.  Give the kids the day off if the weather warrants and enjoy it!

Speaking of, I'm getting a little worried about the southerly trends.  Much more, and I go from the bullseye to the screw zone.  Those cutoffs are pretty sharp once you head into the Poconos and the upstate of NY.

• Like 1

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic