Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 18-19 Storm Threat: Bob Chill made me do it

stormtracker

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

so far, just noticing some minor flatter flow out front, slightly better ridging tho.  Nothing remarkable as of yet...still not in our time range 

just dont say its digging when its not....4 people have done that in the past 24 hours lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ji said:

just dont say its digging when its not....4 people have done that in the past 24 hours lol

I know better.  Relax.   Im always conservative now so people don't get false hope where there is none.  I see shit now, but not going to say anything because I don't know how it will go.

• Like 3

Just now, jayyy said:

So do the pbp yourself.. ya weenie

i actually like reading the thread first......its like watching a movie with so much drama. But there is also is alot of fiction.

Then i do a deeper dive afterwards

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

It had the heaviest precip field WAY off leading up to the event and even during. It failed bad.

HRRR was awful with the last storm, even in the immediate term. It was already snowing outside and it had the storm essentially missing us to the North with 4-6+ amounts in SW PA. Using the HRRR 24+ hours out is a fools errand.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I know better.  Relax.   Im always conservative now so people don't get false hope where there is none.  I see shit now, but not going to say anything because I don't know how it will go.

i think the 18z nam is actually digging a bit more....famous last words

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ji said:

The confusion has been regarding the two waves.  In some cases the lead wave, which is not the main one, was digging more, but it was offset by the main wave NOT and eventually when they phased together it pulled it all north some...but the real issue is its just not coming together.  What little STJ there is gets pulled off by that weak POS lead wave and then the stronger SW comes in behind it with nothing to work with at the surface.  It eventually gets going as best it can given the wrecked environment but the extra 6 hours it takes to get going might kill us since its moving past us as its doing that.  

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I have to admit I do this too sometimes for fun 

randy does a good job with the drama stuff. Others come in and add fiction......and its like a trainwreck that you cant stop watching. But when its a good hit...its super fun

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic