• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

57 minutes ago, Benjamn3 said:

I’ve noticed this as well, it seems like this MET is new to the office. I don’t think this person likes commenting on snow, I noticed this on the last disturbance last week. 

Still probably a little too early for the HRRR but damn does it look great. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

The H5 changes in the NAM are definitely there in the east.  Noticeable sharper/higher heights ahead.  Not sure it'll translate into something better at the surface...still waiting

My only fear for DC not breaking the 1” streak would be if this continues to amp a little and it pushed the arctic boundary (which is the focus of that band) NW of the city to quickly. 

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

ok, fills in and still going at 48..looks like some coastal enhancement..nothing super heavy tho

Yes front is slightly less positive tilt and this allows the second wave to amplify a bit more and pull the boundary back southeast a bit just in time to save DC. This is a nice little bonus surprise trending. The big storm 3rd wave idea is dead dead.  But guidance is bringing back the idea of wave 2 enhancement and along with the lead frontal wave the 1-2 combo could end up a nice event. A HECS by 2020s standards!  

• Like 9
  • Weenie 1