• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

Nice little event brewing. The transformation of the event evolution is something fun to watch. We are now in the crosshairs of higher ratio fluff potential. I haven’t looked deeper into soundings, but I can tell spatially that upstairs will be pretty darn cold. Enough lift and we can get a legit WWA type scenario for part of the subforum. I might have more tomorrow as we draw closer. Trends are very positive currently. Let’s see where we are heading into tomorrow evening. 1-4” with locally up to 5” is well within a reasonable outcome right now and not at all far fetched. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, BristowWx said:

An hour doesn’t sound that bad actually.  Seems common around the greater region.  Thought about Winchester at one point. Hour and 15 without traffic.  Still thinking that over a bit.  Doesn’t snow there either anymore it seems.  

I've lived out that way my whole life and work in real estate. If you're ever seriously thinking about a move I'd be happy to help with a search for homes in areas that tend to do well. Even a move out to the hills of western Loudoun could put you in a much better spot than Dulles in a lot of winters.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WVsnowlover said:

I've lived out that way my whole life and work in real estate. If you're ever seriously thinking about a move I'd be happy to help with a search for homes in areas that tend to do well. Even a move out to the hills of western Loudoun could put you in a much better spot than Dulles in a lot of winters.

That community where you turn off Rt 7 onto Rt 9, that's pretty well elevated. That place is Preeeeeeecioussssss!

• Like 1

Just now, WVsnowlover said:

It's a beautiful area. Somewhere up high on a hill around the Hillsboro area would be a great spot.

Many times driving past Hillsboro on my way to Charles Town, I noted phase changes not just from rain to snow, but to outright torrential snow! That region is beyond Fabulous!

• Like 2