• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 9th Wind/Rain/Flood OBS

44F here.  Has been raining since late morning. Getting a little breezy too.  PECO sent an email out today regarding preparedness. So, I charged the phone, and I hope I can get home in time to crank up the furnace to get the place warmed up in case a cow hits the transformer. Low says 26 tonight?  Is that right? I also have some propane on hand that I can hook up my little buddy heater in the basement.  My candle inventory is depleted from the holidays, I should order some more.  Generator is down in the shed.  Better not need that as I can't handle it and I have zero gas.

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

6-7pm to 11pm-midnght seems to be brunt.

This is the Dover radar which only covers precip in the area. The red are severe and pink tornado boxes down to the S will head our way.

Windy/rainy/gusty...49F

dover.jpg

Va radar so all this stuff will head up/N...

va r.jpg

I bottomed out at 28 this morning and the temp has been rising steadily ever since and am at 51 with 51 dp.

First measurable came between 10 - 11 am and the rates have been variable most of the day, with the heaviest happening (so far) between 4 - 5 pm.   The winds started picking up more after 3 pm.

Currently light - moderate rain and 1.28" in the bucket so far at post time.

Ok. I don’t like this wind. Wish I had some headphones.  Also babysitting a window that was full of water in the sill. Broke a knife getting it to drain. it really needs replaced.  

People trapped in their vehicles in Pike Creek DE under power lines down. Just saw that on the news.  Can’t imagine. 

• Like 1