• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

Dang I was hoping that at the very least not get worse...but this gave zilch!
There used to be a time where the ukmet would be an early preview of the euro

Apparently now it's the icon

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Heisy said:

I’m honestly shocked the euro did this again tonight after the other guidance. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this honestly

it's not THAT much better than any of the other models at this point. it's an outlier and should be treated as such until other models move towards it or it caves

• Like 6

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

it's not THAT much better than any of the other models at this point. it's an outlier and should be treated as such until other models move towards it or it caves

I am not favoring the euro per say, but what is disappointing is all other guidance finally started to converge somewhat tonight.  Had the euro come in line my confidence really would have increased.  You're right the euro is not so much better that you take it when its in opposition to all other guidance  (it does have the ICON lol).  But it is still the best model and if one was going to be the crazy uncle I would rather it not be the euro.  Confidence remains low until it gets back in the fold. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I am not favoring the euro per say, but what is disappointing is all other guidance finally started to converge somewhat tonight.  Had the euro come in line my confidence really would have increased.  You're right the euro is not so much better that you take it when its in opposition to all other guidance  (it does have the ICON lol).  But it is still the best model and if one was going to be the crazy uncle I would rather it not be the euro.  Confidence remains low until it gets back in the fold. 

true, but the EPS could easily show that the OP is well south and east like it did at 12z. we'll see if that's the case again. i have a sneaking suspicion that it probably is

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Not even close in the PNA territory 0e79af65052c1f49858632a970f1097d.jpg
d30ebd1716ee420eeb9cf1a57f9a18ba.jpg

I know @Terpeast pointed that out but then noted it was there even on the good euro runs yesterday.  But I was thinking, those runs were keying on a different wave than all guidance is now.  That wave is suppressed across all guidance now.  But that lead wave had more separation and was developing on the front side of the trough and didn't necessarily need as much amplification to work, it was almost like a glorified anafront wave.  This situation is more dynamic but requires a more amplified wave to work, its having to energize a stagnant boundary further southeast. 

Maybe once the euro realized that lead wave is not the one and started to key on the trailing wave...that is when that kicker became an issue.  So it might be that kicker after all that is the issue.  I don't see any other reason why the wave is so much less amplified on the euro v all other guidance.  That is the one factor that is so different and sticks out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

true, but the EPS could easily show that the OP is well south and east like it did at 12z. we'll see if that's the case again. i have a sneaking suspicion that it probably is

I guess but I thought people were making way too much of the 12z and 18z eps.  I thought they both looked like crap and supported an OTS solution.  The mean was propped up by a few amplified outliers but the probabilities for snow and precip were very low.  THere were just enough amplified solutions to make the mean look better than the op but the majority camp was a coastal scraper solution. 

the ECMWF's bias to hold energy back and overamp could initially hurt trough consolidation. honestly, I'm not really sure why it's doing what it's doing. the CMC and UKMET both have that piece crashing into AK and still become amplified, so that's not it in a vacuum

• Like 4

At least the euro only has the icon on its side currently. GFS CMC Ukie combo is nice for our area but I agree with PSU… would rather have the euro on our side than not. It’s the best model for a reason. Would like to see it make a legit move toward the other camp sooner than later. Good news is we’re still 4 days out or so

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic