• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

7 minutes ago, AWMT30 said:

I am deff going to keep my expectations low here in the Canton, Michigan area for our snow as we all know what can happen. 

It’s looking a bit better for us. Praying it stays east of M39 so we get more snow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, michaelmantis said:

Sounds like a little sleet hitting the windows as this new areas of precip blossoms north of Peoria to Rockford. 

Looks like I may be in decent pivot point position. 

That confirms what the radar was showing.  I noticed watching snowstorms over the years that changes between sleet and snow often go in cycles.  New returns begin as sleet, then transition to heavy snow as the warm layer that temporarily moved in aloft gets lifted and cooled.

8 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Definitely have some concern looking at short term guidance that we stay sleet/mix longer than I thought yesterday and really knock down accums

No sooner did I complain, Mother Nature made a mockery of me and switched back to snow. Small flake size but snow nonetheless 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Winds are increasing at a good rate right now. Just in the last 45 mins being outside for work I feel they went up 10mph.

Yeah the past 15 minutes here the winds have increase significantly too.

5 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

No sooner did I complain, Mother Nature made a mockery of me and switched back to snow. Small flake size but snow nonetheless 

After 45ish minutes of light returns and some pingers on the windows, we're back to fat fat FATTIES falling from the sky. Not too heavy, but cotton balls are coming back down. Going to shovel just to try to not have to do it all at once later today. 

1 minute ago, mimillman said:

Lightening up here now. Radar should fill in from the southeast. Under lighter returns expect we mix with rain 

for sure, we were lucky to stack that little base early this am, hope we can hang on to something decent otg before any potential deformation action later, could be explosive, crossing fingers for another period of +sn 

call still technically in play i guess

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

for sure, we were lucky to stack that little base early this am, hope we can hang on to something decent otg before any potential deformation action later, could be explosive, crossing fingers for another period of +sn 

call still technically in play i guess

Im just happy to put something down before the cold, even if just a few inches