• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

The Euro (including the EPS) and both NAMs have suddenly dropped a nasty dry hole over my area and cratered the snow total for Cedar Rapids/Iowa City.  Other models are down as well.  Tonight's surge of heavy WAA snow is veering more east into northern Illinois, so it's off to a shaky start.  Instead of 8-12", latest guidance suggests maybe 3-6".  

Izzi/Castro AFD is a treat.

Describing among other things the "double barrel" low pressure early this morning, with the southern Missouri LP and its likely devolution "later today into more of an inverted trough" amid the overall deepening cyclone.

3 minutes ago, NEILwxbo said:

This seems dramatic but I don’t think I’ve seen rates like this since 2011. If there was a time since it was short lived for sure. Gonna exceed 5” by 5:30 at this rate. 

Town is about a quarter mile from me and on occasion this morning the lights from town have been whited out. Has only happened a handful of times since I’ve moved here. 

fun morning 

Hrrr nailed the waa snow tonight. Nam/rap only clipped me briefly with it. It's been snowing here since midnight with some impressive periods of moderate to heavy snow. Wind pretty intense in these mesoscale bursts. Looks like it's about to end here. Sadly that will start my warm up and set stage for rain or mix through afternoon before changeover. Hoping it doesn't all melt what fell tonight. Looks like a good 2-3in outside but hard to say cuz it's really blowing around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Radtechwxman said:

Hrrr nailed the waa snow tonight. Nam/rap only clipped me briefly with it. It's been snowing here since midnight with some impressive periods of moderate to heavy snow. Wind pretty intense in these mesoscale bursts. Looks like it's about to end here. Sadly that will start my warm up and set stage for rain or mix through afternoon before changeover. Hoping it doesn't all melt what fell tonight. Looks like a good 2-3in outside but hard to say cuz it's really blowing around. 

This is more along the lines of what I was expecting tuesday AM but didn’t really pan out. Let er rip

10 minutes ago, NEILwxbo said:

This seems dramatic but I don’t think I’ve seen rates like this since 2011. If there was a time since it was short lived for sure. Gonna exceed 5” by 5:30 at this rate. 

One of the few things I really miss about living in the mid atlantic is seeing prolonged 2''+/hr rates from deepening gulf lows careening past hatteras toward the 40/70 benchmark. Enjoy this rare midwestern bomb while you have it

• Like 1