• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

39 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Its radar watching time now. Tons of moisture getting tapped out of the gulf right now. Probably why the GFS juiced up a little bit. 

HUGE overpreformer in little rock rn, rates seem heavier than modeled which is good for us regardless of accumulation the front end thump is going to be crazy W of 95

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DarkSharkWX said:

HUGE overpreformer in little rock rn, rates seem heavier than modeled which is good for us regardless of accumulation the front end thump is going to be crazy W of 95

Checked a low of the locations in NW AR, a few that are 32-34 with snow & mix were forecasted for 38-39 and rain. Radar is juicy here early on. Nice plume of GoM moisture. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

Checked a low of the locations in NW AR, a few that are 32-34 with snow & mix were forecasted for 38-39 and rain. Radar is juicy here early on. Nice plume of GoM moisture. 

It could swing back our way if the 850 LLJ was overforecasted and the qpf is heavier on the front end. But i’m not exactly holding my breath. It would be a nice surprise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

There are lots of experience to be shared here. A few insist  that only a few should do that. 

with all due respect, you can disagree without resorting to name calling. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DDweatherman said:

I guess I missed some deleted posts that have ensued today :) Where's Chris been? Haven't seen him on the threads this winter yet. 

He left me :( went on to work for the state instead. he's still doing well though, he posts on his facebook weather page all the time. 

Definitely some surprise snows happening to our SW. Forecasts for mix / rain actually ended up being a few inches of snow in Arkansas and surrounding areas. Perhaps a sign of things to come? Perhaps not. This one’s going to be very interesting to track in real time. Next 12-18 hours should be pretty telling. Hoping for a solid 3-5 hour window of thumpage.

Pretty decent gulf interaction occurring down south right now. Pretty safe to say this storm will have a respectable amount of moisture to work with. b6959d6bda190f48f05ce9a04741a552.jpg

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

And noting due  respect, name calling follows personal insults and disrespect 

You're right, he was disrespectful to you with the magic mushroom comment. ignoring him and letting him look like a fool is better than you responding and calling him a douche. my two cents. 

• Like 2

Gotta love seeing central Arkansas fend off the rain / snow line @ 1 pm Like come onnn

I feel like Arkansas battling the rain/snow line has little correlation to what’s causing us to flip to sleet/rain tomorrow but I guess I’ll take any optimism.

It is nice to see people locally be colder than forecast. Maybe a little chillier than expected in and around the Beltway. Haven’t breached 40 yet.

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

I feel like Arkansas battling the rain/snow line has little correlation to what’s causing us to flip to sleet/rain tomorrow but I guess I’ll take any optimism.

It is nice to see people locally be colder than forecast. Maybe a little chillier than expected in and around the Beltway. Haven’t breached 40 yet.

37.6F here, 39 at DCA.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic