• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

5 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I haven't looked it up but I have a feeling that the 70+ inches of rain I've had since June is wetter than the average annual anywhere in Ireland. 

One quick google search says you’re right as Ireland maxes out at around 50 inches of rain in a given year. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

One quick google search says you’re right as Ireland maxes out at around 50 inches of rain in a given year. 

I think for places like Dublin, London, Seattle, etc, they have a reputation for a lot of rain but it's mostly drizzle, mist, and number of cloudy days (which are just as bad for my allergies).  They don't have the high rainfall totals some other places do, but being cloudy and misty and drizzly so much is just as bad.

• Like 1

I've been saying pretty much the same thing about the PNW for decades. Constant rainforest type wetness is miserable but we get more rainfall annually than they do particularly here in the reservoir zone 45 miles from the Sound. For the last 7 months it's been equally as soggy plus we've had the torrential rains that they rarely get adding another ~25" of total precip making it doubly unpleasant. We also use an inordinate amount of road salt which ruins our cars... 

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

I've been saying pretty much the same thing about the PNW for decades. Constant rainforest type wetness is miserable but we get more rainfall annually than they do particularly here in the reservoir zone 45 miles from the Sound. For the last 7 months it's been equally as soggy plus we've had the torrential rains that they rarely get adding another ~25" of total precip making it doubly unpleasant. We also use an inordinate amount of road salt which ruins our cars... 

I can't wait until we start modifying the climate.  I mean, on purpose lol

7 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Got 0.7 inches overnight mostly this morning when nothing showed on radar. Anyone else get that? Usually don't se a prolonged period of moderate snow with nothing on the radar. 

I had nothing aside from a flurry here or there overnight, no new snow to report for me this morning.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Got 0.7 inches overnight mostly this morning when nothing showed on radar. Anyone else get that? Usually don't se a prolonged period of moderate snow with nothing on the radar. 

I didn't bother measuring but it looked like a soggy half inch. Nothing on radar here either. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I had nothing aside from a flurry here or there overnight, no new snow to report for me this morning.

1.26” was the total in the Davis for the event. A dusting of ice pellets this morning here. I see that up on Storm king at 700-1000’ it was snow covered. Not sure what was actually accumulated tho.