Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium-Long Range Discussion

Holston_River_Rambler

44 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Nick Saban just retired

I don’t blame him. He’s the greatest coach of all time for college. The NIL has turned the college football into a mini NFL league.  The kids play for money now.  Rumor is Kirby  is going to go to the Atlanta Falcons the day of coaches and kids sticking around are done. No loyalty. No more 1 team winning every year.   Soon many of the great traditional games will be a thing of past.  The SEC is already different.  To think SMU in the ACC. Crazy times.  

• Like 1

I don’t blame him. He’s the greatest coach of all time for college. The NIL has turned the college football into a mini NFL league.  The kids play for money now.  Rumor is Kirby  is going to go to the Atlanta Falcons the day of coaches and kids sticking around are done. No loyalty. No more 1 team winning every year.   Soon many of the great traditional games will be a thing of past.  The SEC is already different.  To think SMU in the ACC. Crazy times.  

Last time Nick was in Knoxville he went home with an L. I love it.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Last time Nick was in Knoxville he went home with an L. I love it.

It’s part of the game.  Last many years UT has had many loses to Bama.  Not sure why all the hate.  It’s a game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

Oof, the 18z GFS. Is this essentially the part where we lose the storm? Timing is about right. 

I think it is more that it is following the Euro trend of holding the energy back and popping a low off the coast. More of a potential boom or bust scenario for us in east TN I believe.

• Like 3

Oof, the 18z GFS. Is this essentially the part where we lose the storm? Timing is about right. 
Hopefully it's a transition from the frontal passage scenario to a full blown storm. Will be interesting to see 0Z tonight. Euro went to popping a low, hopefully that is what GFS is heading toward. If we can get a low, get the front to stall or slow dramatically and the low head north we are in better shape than just Fropa.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Saturday or Friday? It looks like Saturday will be clearing out and turning cooler.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Friday… that’s my fault. I’ve got my days messed up where I’ve been off with my wife. My bad.

15 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

18z EPC control dug and slowed the trailing shortwave a lot more:

18z control on the left, 12z OP on right 

eNCmPgQ.png

Doesn't quite go out far enough, but I suspect that was about to be a nice Miller A. 

Is that why it looked to lose the system?  In other words, it just wasn't there yet as in it slowed down.  I thought it went poof.

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic