Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

20 hours ago, rcostell said:

Heres a record level chart...Stone cold sobering. 

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.48.31 AM 2.pdf 1.01 MB · 5 downloads

Nah nothing remotely sobering at all! Well only if you adjust the 1920's thru 1960's like our friends at NOAA/NCEI did for example here (see below) in Chester County PA - those nifty post adjustment fixes make quite the difference in that blue scary (sobering) line!!

image.png.11455b4771d5b8b53621cc79119f1e7b.png

0.15" of rain since yesterday so far here in East Nantmeal. We should see a couple rounds of heavy rain today. The first around the lunchtime hour and the 2nd with the cold frontal passage toward the 7pm hour. Some spots could see over 1/2 inch of rain today. Temps will again soar to near 60 degrees before the front passes. Behind the front winds will increase to near 40mph and temps will plunge from near 60 degrees at around 7pm to near freezing by 11pm. Tomorrow we will stay in the below normal 30's before our next warm up gets underway on Friday.
County wide records for today: High 73 Devault and Phoenixville (1997) / Low 16 below Phoenixville (1934) / Rain 1.82" Coatesville (1902) / Snow 7.5" Coatesville (2005)
image.png.a943b94a4acfaa90e33ca7f77bf9c348.png

woopee, first t -storm of the new year- in February to say the least. It was nice to wake up hearing rolling thunder with the windows open. I miss the humidity. This is the first time in the past 30+ years I can remember a t storm in Feb but  I may be wrong. More to come this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Albedoman said:

woopee, first t -storm of the new year- in February to say the least. It was nice to wake up hearing rolling thunder with the windows open. I miss the humidity. This is the first time in the past 30+ years I can remember a t storm in Feb but  I may be wrong. More to come this afternoon.

I heard some thunder in JANUARY last winter. Just crazy.

Made it up to 65 for a high yesterday and had a low of 53 this morning.

And for the first time in 65 days, my lightning detector picked up a strike this morning between 11 am and noon (didn't hear any thunder that I recall although one of my neighbors was moving so with that noise, I might have missed the sound).

So far have 0.18" in the bucket with the on and off rain (had 0.09" yesterday for a 2-day total at post time of 0.27").

Currently 57 and under moderate rain with dp 56.

And my crocuses are blooming!  Plus I had a fly come in the front door but luckily flew back out. :D

1 hour ago, Roger Smith said:

Developing squall line not intense at moment, runs Utica-Bingamton-wCXY. Will be near PA-NJ border by 7-8 pm.

There may be an arctic front about an hour behind it then temps will really begin to fall fast. 

Pitt 38F, Erie 30F w/wind....

...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph
expected.

* WHERE...Portions of northern Delaware, central, northern,
northwest and southern New Jersey and east central, northeast
and southeast Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...Until 4 AM EST Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
result.

Trash cans....definitely some colder stuff/winds.

dcs.jpg

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Straight wind or something it was blinding for 3 or 4 minutes.

God Bless.

Something may roll through here shortly...thinking this stuff may hit JCT or myself?

Thinking some of this stuff hits JCT or myself....winds have picked up.

junk.jpg