• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

Winds have been gusting into the 20's from the northwest this morning. We should see sun for much of the day before clouds increase this afternoon. Snow will develop from west to east across the county toward the midnight hour tonight. The snow should end near daybreak with a general 2" to 5" forecast across the area. Sun returns for the rest of the weekend with temps not too far from normal levels with highs in the upper 30's.
Chester County Records for today: High 75 Phoenixville (1954) / Low -2.8 below Glenmoore & East Nantmeal (2015) / Precipitation 1.53" Chester Springs (2016) / Snow 17" West Chester (1958)
image.png.ec374a42fd26dca10d2513d47054ba5b.png

43 minutes ago, RedSky said:

ECM just did the SECS/MECS next week everybody's been dreaming about 

Winter gone wild holy sheeet!

Wolf

There's the "few days past the 21st" thing I mentioned on Feb 1. Seemed we had lost the signal for a while. Did not expect all the stuff prior to work out tho. Nice stretch of deep winter threats we r having.

• Like 1

The great mystery snow of February 1987

As incredible as this event was it's half, just half of what happened in Horsham in late February(or March?) 1987 when I woke up to THIRTY inches of mashed potatoes snow that dropped in early morning training snow thunderstorms! Was predicted to be rain to snow and a couple inches. Still got the scars from missing out on that once in a lifetime event, only saw big wet flakes starting to fall after the change from rain as I hit the sack around 1am.

That one literally melted half away under 50'sF sun by the end of the day and was gone two days later!

* extremely isolated event missed Philly and grazed Allentown some kind of wicked narrow band think it was February 23. Allentown only recorded 6" that day.

* researching what I can I think this snow happened that March, was guessing February 23rd because checking records Allentown recorded 6" that day, but that can't be right because Allentown had cold weather following that storm. I know it was a mild week following the snow with rapid melt.

18 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Radar beam tends to overshoot them at that distance from the radar. Snow squalls are usually lower topped. 

Thanks, Mike. Got the warning, saw the clouds then looked at the radar and thought, “huh?”

34F/DP 21F

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

It's so much better than last night because I can see it lol

Puking snow

Ended and to blue skies in 5 minutes

1" even

Tracked right over Macungie to here I bet they got 2 or 3"

This has been one eventful winter. Seriously, yeah this year my backyard did “eh okay” not gonna complain. But today’s in snowfall differing amounts left me amused.