Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I was very much looking forward to 7-10 days of 50's and even 60's with no yellow jackets left before a swing back into winter I think it wants to be cold.

There was a gnat buzzing around my mailbox today.

• Like 1

52F/Cloudy/Vis 1mi

Heading down to the Madonna concert at the Wells Fargo so hopefully the weather cooperates. Preparing accordingly, shit-kickers, flannel and a bottle of JD so I should mesh in well w/others while tailgating. Nothing better than seeing a 65yr old woman gyrating hips while lip syncing after showing up late...can't wait, well worth the money!

• Haha 5

Cloudy 52 humidity 98% dewpoint 51 pressure 29.78 steady wind NE 3 mph areas of fog wet.  

High today here in Media 58f Total Rainfall last 24 hours.  0.44"

Fog very dense in valley locations, right above the surface of any leftover melting snow and cold grounds.  Snow cover here is back to zero outside of a few left over piles. 

The couple nights that stayed above freezing pretty much knocked everything on the grass and streets completely out.  The giant plowed mounds in the supermarket lots are still there though.

Made it up to 44 for a high yesterday, bottomed out at 43 this morning, and ended up at 53 for a high today.  The fog where I am was much greater yesterday than today although where my sis is in Wyndmoor, they had much more today (more open areas still had snow cover there).

Was expecting more rain by now (had 0.03" yesterday and 0.21" today so far), but will see what might bubble up overnight.

Currently a misty 51 with dp 51.

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

We lost the snow 

And that cold wave next week-gone

Yeah . Kinda knew there was nothing doing on the overnight models as there wasn't much action in any of the reginal forums. 

GFS only model showing a nice Boston Special next weekend with some wrap around flakes for us here. 

We picked up another 0.15" of rain since midnight bringing our 3 day total to 0.61". This brings our January total to 6.28" this is the wettest January since the 7.08" that fell back in 1999. The wettest January was the 9.72" that fell back in 1979. Today and tomorrow should be mainly dry with the fog finally burning off by noon today. Today will be the warmest day (might hit 60 degrees) before we trend back close to normal by Sunday and into the new week. Rain chances increase again by Tomorrow night and should continue till Monday AM. We could see another inch or so of rain by then. We should be cold enough to see some wet snow mix in toward Monday morning but with temps staying just above freezing no accumulation.
Records for today: High 75 (1950) - warmest January temperature on record / Low 1 below zero (1922) / Precipitation 1.40" (2011) / Snow 14.0" (2011)image.png.eb1b783c15cb1ada20878d0f1054e53e.png

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

We lost the snow 

And that cold wave next week-gone

We are forecast to be in a lull thru about the 5th of Feb. Would have been cool to sneak in a small window, but this wasn't a high probability. Feb 5 (maybe pushing the change a few days too early?) onward thru early March.....if the ens means and weeklies have any clue then we had better cash-in on at least a couple frozen events. The upper level looks don't generally get too much better than advertised. Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

^^^caveats apply to this of course....the ens and weeklies...are they right? And second, if we do get a good pattern, does that mean we automatically cash-in? There's a ton of chatter in a few other subs about HECS and KU correlating with the upcoming advertised pattern. While I agree this is the look to roll the dice with, I strongly recommend tempering expectations. No sense  just assuming best case case scenario then being let down. Too many epic patterns come and go with little to no fanfare. Keep things in check. If the extended looks hold for another week or so, then we buckle up for the ride.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

58 minutes ago, RedSky said:

DC hit 80F :lmao:

I hit 49F with the fog bank :thumbsdown:

I was just going to comment on this!!  Umm this is off the charts!!  January 26th 80f really what's even more remarkable is that it is 51 here and 81 in DC ummm talk about temperature Gradient.  I want to see this take place in 10 days in February we get our biggest winter storms on temperature gradients.  I know I know this is in the wrong direction way way too warm but maybe it is coming!!  

Wild Weather Breeds Wild Weather!

I mean Havre De Grace Maryland 51.   17 miles further SW 80 what the hell!!

• Like 2