Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If you had any idea how much I spent on last spring's 22 day trip...you wouldn't ask that question. :)

Haha I feel ya. It’s embarrassing how much we spent in London in December.

Thankfully money grows on trees. 

16 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I think even DT is putting winter in the rearview. You need to bring DT front and center not in the rearview.:D

I just can't do it with that hilarious inverse picture you posted. (With his shirt reading backwards.)  The GFS is putting the Spring Fling in the rearview with only 3-4 days with AN highs the next 10 days.  

• Confused 2

El Nino caused the warmth.  What do we root for now? 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warmest-winter-record-winter-weather-100051725.html

What caused the warmth?

Meteorologists say that El Niño, as predicted last fall, was the primary driver for the warm weather pattern that persisted throughout the winter. El Niño typically produces unusually warm winters across the northern tier of the nation.

AccuWeather chief meteorologist Jon Porter also said that our warming climate also contributed to the unusually mild conditions for much of the country this winter.

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

One thing is definite I don't need any more rain for awhile here. The ground is totally saturated here. I have as of now 7.20 rainfall for the year. And 12.19 since December 1, 2023.

Outside the low rain issues to topsoil if it does not rain for a couple weeks, I wonder if we get any drought declarations this year.   Could be a drought free summer if we get at least occasional rain.   I say this with the knowledge of what looks like a wet or white period coming up over the next 2 weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Outside the low rain issues to topsoil if it does not rain for a couple weeks, I wonder if we get any drought declarations this year.   Could be a drought free summer if we get at least occasional rain. 

Just taken a pic from my window of the water sitting from all the rain from today. and the creek is on the rise too.

Open photo

• Like 2