Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some in the ABE "area" have scored 2-3 feet in a week. 

It's pretty incredible when you think about it. Think back to 7-10 days ago. No one saw this coming, and anyone who would have forecasted it would have probably been mocked and laughed at vociferously. 

• Like 1

I’m just rationalizing & spit balling here about the 2 events this week…

MDT hit the local jackpot on Tuesday & recorded 7.7 of snow while many of our yards ended up only near 5 or 6 with the early week event.

Last night’s storm will probably go in the books at MDT as 1 inch & change…let’s just say 1.3 for this thought exercise.

The combination of these 2 events will total near 9 inches this week at MDT.
If these 9 inches with the 2 storms were split into say  6 & 3, I wouldn’t have complained if you had asked me last week if this would be an acceptable outcome.

This second event last night just a couple of days ago looked like an Advisory 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 type of event. The upside that some of us cashed in on started showing on modeling on Thursday, but then so did the banding that robbed other places of decent snow.

All in all, not a bad week of Winter to me, but it certainly could have been more, but it also could have been less as well.

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m just rationalizing & spit balling here about the 2 events this week…

MDT hit the local jackpot on Tuesday & recorded 7.7 of snow while many of our yards ended up only near 5 or 6 with the early week event.

Last night’s storm will probably go in the books at MDT as 1 inch & change…let’s just say 1.3 for this thought exercise.

The combination of these 2 events will total near 9 inches this week at MDT.
If these 2 storms were split into say       6 & 3, I wouldn’t have complained if you had asked me last week if this would be an acceptable outcome.

This second event last night just a couple of days ago looked like an Advisory 1 to 3 or 2 to 4 type of event. The upside that some of us cashed in on started showing on modeling on Thursday, but then so did the banding that robbed other places of decent snow.

All in all, not a bad week of Winter to me, but it certainly could have been more, but it also could have been less as well.

All true just wish it was colder.   I miss the snow then several days staying in the 20's events.   Much of this snow is going to melt off today (down here) though the colder mesos are forecasting a throw another log on the fire mid-teens lows tomorrow AM. 

• Like 1

Yes, in Lebanon my weather station hovered around 30° throughout the event.  Seems like Lebanon City just skirted the southern edge of the death band.  Saw on social media someone posted close to 12” in Fredricksburg about 7 miles northeast of me that parallels Route 78 near the Berks County line…wild stuff 

• Like 2

Good morning folks!  In Carlisle it is 31.3 degrees and windy.  Since midnight I recorded an additional 2.0" for a storm total of 2.3".  The 2.3" melted down to 0.17" of qpf.  This produced an SLR of roughly 13:1.  I hate to say it but misery loves company.  As I read through all of the posts since 1:00am, many of you recorded amounts similar to mine (<3").  Like everyone else, it stuck to everything except the sidewalks and the street.  The snow looked like it had compacted some despite a temperature of 29-30 degrees during the storm.  Congrats to the band winners.  Those totals of 6, 8, and a few 10" amounts were incredible.  With the 2.3", when combined with the Mon/Tue event of 5.8" I have had a total of 8.1" for the week.  That's not all that far from my entire season last winter!  My total for the entire season to date now stands at 19.8".  On to the next one...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some in the ABE "area" have scored 2-3 feet in a week. 

They have been doing well ever since 20/21. I don't think their climo is much more than mine, but they really have done well relatively speaking the last 4 winters.

• Like 1