Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I appreciate your dedicated effort to extend the hash just far enough east to include me. 

Haha I didn’t know everyone was putting their snow maps out while I was working on my post. The snow map game is strong in here today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

So you like the two band idea as well? The northern band isn't huge 20-30 miles wide. That's going to be the hard one to pinpoint

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yes, there is usually a second snow max, an often its the better max, further north where the best moisture transport banks up against the arctic boundary.  Higher ratios help here too.  But honestly pinning that down is very difficult.  Guidance has it a little south of where I placed it but I shifted both max zones north a little, just a gut call.  I feel very confident in the 2-5 call but where within there are the 4-8 max zones is more guesswork in all honesty.  

15 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Haha I didn’t know everyone was putting their snow maps out while I was working on my post. The snow map game is strong in here today. 

It seemed like a timed and agreed upon effort the way they flew in.  They are certainly more gracious in amounts down here than most modeling right now. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

My map for this.

1209984141_216snowmap.thumb.png.d400fc6f8a16b509dbfa94db0074df45.png

Tried to make a compromise in blends but perhaps on the bolder side. I anticipate CTP needing another tier or so of advisories in the central and upping at least the western half of the watches to warnings. 3-5” amounts should be common in the main swath. Big question is in or near the area I hashed. I was going to get cute and try to highlight two distinct areas but I’d probably need a bigger map. Any rate I feel the hashed area has the best chance to see an embedded swath of 5-6”+ and/or local totals of 6+. Best 700mb forcing is in there coupled with 700mb temps in the low minus teens. The fluff bomb potential is high with that. The southern Laurels will have that plus the benefit of some extra upslope forcing and colder surface temps.. hence the distinct 5-8” I anticipate there. The other snowfall max is probably somewhere in the northern Mid-Atl (northern VA/northern MD, where better 850mb forcing will be. That won’t yield the bigger ratios like the 700mb dynamics that should be residing in southern PA. 

Thanks for getting Marysville & MDT into your dashed line jackpot zone!

You have always been one of my favorites…Lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

My point and click is calling for 2-4 inches tonight. HWO posted. I suspect CTP will probably hoist advisories across the board at 2:00.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

This is the kind of event our area overachieves on if the good precip and forcing are north enough. 

• Like 1