Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

25 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Nah, DuBois is more central than western. The airport just happens to be over the border in Jefferson County, so it falls within NWS Pittsburgh's CWA.

Nah, it was still issued by the Pittsburgh office and therefore, should be in the Pittsburgh thread. Also:

• No one in our thread lives in DuBois
  • No one in our thread particularly cares what happens in DuBois
  • You were asked to stop this type of posting repeatedly

I'm a nobody here. My thoughts don't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. I don't pretend that they do. Having said that, if you have an ounce of understanding, please consider stopping this now. This has gone on long enough. Your message really is kind of irrelevant because you often post things that are NOT under CTP's "jurisdiction" AND...people are upset. Frustrated. Bothered. Whether you like or even understand that or not, it is the reality. Knowing that, why would you want to keep doing this unless you're purposely looking to start trouble?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

72 here now.  Apparently DCA hit 80 and both DCA and IAD are at their highest Jan temp ever.   Valley life winning today for those in the LSV. 

How do we know that the location where DCA is now didn’t hit 80 in January 1374?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AccuChris said:

Still sitting at 47° in Lebanon and socked in the low clouds.  Window for mixing out and warming up like my southern and western neighbors may be short-lived

It's trying really hard just to your SW here - skies have really started to brighten but the vis is still down a bit. Temp here is currently 51.6

• Like 1

Guess we got a good flow from the north or cold air daming today. forecast high was suppose to be 65 when I looked yesterday. Stopped by dads for a late lunch 50 and now the forecast says 57 for a high. any one else noticing colder in your area today then forecasted ?

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Kind of cool.  Areas almost due North of Harrisburg are 10-15 degrees higher than Harrisburg itself....Valley living. 

image.thumb.png.0dee4c340ec33058e70a71e718acd372.png

Whitetail and Liberty taking a beating the past few days. Shame. I know Whitetail was  100% open but checking the cams a few minutes ago, some thin areas are popping quick. 

1 hour ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Nah, DuBois is more central than western. The airport just happens to be over the border in Jefferson County, so it falls within NWS Pittsburgh's CWA.

Maybe just start your own thread where you can dump whatever statistics you want for wherever you want. If it’s the warmest day that the neighbors dog took a shit facing south, you don’t have to worry about it being irrelevant. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Whitetail and Liberty taking a beating the past few days. Shame. I know Whitetail was  100% open but checking the cams a few minutes ago, some thin areas are popping quick. 

And only going to get worse this weekend.   Not often you get to ski with the temp in the 70's.   If they turned that snow machine on it would be rain by the time it reached the ground. 

image.png.1cb753765fdef7ea2524473fa091c46c.png

• Like 1

Geps finally kicks the trough out of the SW and builds a +PNA & -EPO. Temps in the east are at or below normal headed down. This fits perfectly with all extended ensembles.  Next step is the the Atlantic trough to continue migrating north into the 50/50 position thereby causing the -NAO to get firmly established. 

500h_anom-mean.na.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Geps finally kicks the trough out of the SW and builds a +PNA & -EPO. Temps in the east are at or below normal headed down. This fits perfectly with all extended ensembles.  Next step is the the Atlantic trough to continue migrating north into the 50/50 position thereby causing the -NAO to get firmly established. 

500h_anom-mean.na.png

We have wasted some of the best 50/50 positions in years over this winter.  I have made reference top it more this year than probably several of the last few combined. 

Here was the visible satellite at noon today. You can see the retreating low cloud deck and the ob sites showing the wind direction. The low level cloud deck has eroded much further since then as the warm air aloft via SW flow gets mixed down closer to the surface. Low level cool air damming from the Northeast has kept some of the Sus Valley sites cool so far today and once the southwesterly winds aloft mix out that remaining low level cool air at any one location temps will rapidly shoot up into the high 50s-60s. It’s a pretty interesting setup today, we mixed out here mid morning and reached 62ºF for a high. 

image.thumb.png.3cff972baf59a42844b29d09826caeee.png

By the way, about 50 miles up that freezing cold river KSEG (Selinsgrove Airport) is 66 currently. 

• Thanks 1