Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

9 hours ago, anotherman said:

Packers really outplayed them. 49ers deserved to lose.

Packers 1 penalty for 5 yards. 49ers 7-83 yards. The refs always has the Packers back.

Packers young team, have a bright future.

Cold blustery this morning Currently 20 degrees.

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

That’s one of the spots we like to frequent while in Hershey for the state wrestling tournament.  Really like their offerings. 

Food was good but the cocktail program leaves the world to be desired. Also making serving staff run up and down stairs for drinks is no bueno. 

Today will be our 7th straight day since our temperature has risen above freezing which was last Sunday at 330pm. Some spots should just get above the freezing mark tomorrow...but some higher locales may just fall short of freezing This is now the longest stretch of sub-freezing weather since the 14 days from December 26, 2017 thru January 8, 2018. Monday and Tuesday look like the driest days of the week before rain chances are around almost every day through Friday. Temps could reach the 50's by Friday - combined with snow melt expect the sump pumps to be a pumpin!
Records for today: High 67 (1906) / Low 11 below (1984) / Rain 1.88" (1902) / Snow 10.0" (2014)
image.png.14f0f2987e7e879ef3f443ffed9e3ad2.png

12z Ukie looks like it might bring the storm far enough north to hit us, but temps are an issue, of course. Ukie only goes out 144hrs, so I can't say for sure. But it's a decent 5h look which I've linked. I also link a loop of the 6hr precip maps.

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=ukmet&p=500h_anom&rh=2024012112&fh=144&r=conus&dpdt=&mc=&pwplus=1

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=ukmet&p=qpf_006h-imp&rh=2024012112&fh=loop&r=conus&dpdt=&mc=&pwplus=1

• Like 1

CTP has a slight chance of a little frozen precip on Tuesday before the flip to rain.

Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph. 
Tuesday
A slight chance of snow and freezing rain before 10am, then a slight chance of rain and snow between 10am and 11am, then a chance of rain after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

18z GFs still wide right for Sunday.

IMG_4631.png

I think we need something to time up with this feature coming down AFTER the 28th storm....3-4 consecutive days of BN or near normal temps.    Either way the blinds are open but we are not going to see much if that trough escapes with no capture of a low.   GFS a couple days ago showed it. 

image.thumb.png.fc27f512c3c3bfbdf746282589bb63a1.png

MR GFS so just a discussion and not a forecast, the coldest air on our side of the Northern Hemisphere is close enough to us from Jan 29-Feb 4th to merit watching for anything.   MDT does not go above 43-45 any day and some days stays below or right near freezing all day.  Central and Western Canada folks are using their outdoor swimming pools (because they are crazy) during some of this time. 

image.thumb.png.ac0ca3548aecfd86fd785d51f814bd43.png

Saw this on weather.com thee other day feb through april much above normal and precip normal. wish I could find the graph showing this. I swear a week ago some one posted a picture of the rest of winter being cold and snowy? This would be after the week warm up

Saw this on weather.com thee other day feb through april much above normal and precip normal. wish I could find the graph showing this. I swear a week ago some one posted a picture of the rest of winter being cold and snowy? This would be after the week warm up
You gotta lay off the doom my man. With Lazer focus you lock onto the worst forcast possible for what you want and ruminate on it. That can't be good for mental health.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1