• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Just shy of 2.5" here in fairview township.
   What an Incredible night. Buccaneers victory while cooking ham beans and potatoes on my rocket mass heater. I  followed up the feast and victory with a nice snowy crack of dawn walk with Ekho. Hopefully in a few days I can have a repeat. 
20240116_035725.thumb.jpg.ba792b68c246f2703c653c5097073b16.jpg
20240116_043440.thumb.jpg.8435d71dd0ae856ba4ed2373ce7a81fe.jpg
Your ham and beans look amazing. Nice little setup you have

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Here in Carlisle, at 9:40am the light snow that had almost stopped an hour ago has picked back up with mainly light, but occasionally moderate snow continuing.  As of 9:00am I measured an additional 1.4" of snow since 1:00am, giving a storm total of 2.9".  It's looking like I am going to have picked up an additional tenth of an inch by 10:00am which would bring the storm total to 3.0".  I'll do the meltdown with a final measurement before 1:00pm.

Light snow here in EN temp at 23.0 degrees. Most areas picked up between 1.5" to 3.0" of snow last night and this morning. The NWS has continued the WWA till 4pm for maybe up to another inch of snow and or sleet accumulation today. Skies will clear overnight tonight and with the clear skies and fresh snow cover temperatures in some spots could fall into the single digits above zero tonight. Wednesday should be sunny but continued cold with highs in the low 20's. We could see some additional snow arrive Thursday night into Friday....does not look significant at this time but could make for another slippery commute on Friday morning.
Records for today: High 61 (1932) / Low minus 10 (1982) / Rain 1.71" (1924) / Snow 10.0" (1945)
image.png.d40a6187ea8ccd4ecd11261010543b93.png

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I’ll have to take a look here in a few, outside doing some shoveling. Nice moderate snow again here in Carroll valley.

Most majors have something decent for Friday.  Looking at 6zs from afar, enough continuity to think we should have another similar event (snow wise).  Signals been there for almost a week now, so we should get some snow on snow.  I'm not divin in too deep wrt storms/pattern as I'm just going to enjoy the winter landscape that we all long for.  

• Like 4

and nooners start w/ NAM and ICON showing a nice event for Friday.  ICON is nice as it looks to have somewhat of a phasing of NS and SS energy.

Anxious to see what the rest do.  Here is the panel where the 2 meet.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_22.png

couple panels later, a nice SLP w/ good moisture.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_24.png

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

and nooners start w/ NAM and ICON showing a nice event for Friday.  ICON is nice as it looks to have somewhat of a phasing of NS and SS energy.

Anxious to see what the rest do.  Here is the panel where the 2 meet.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_22.png

couple panels later, a nice SLP w/ good moisture.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_24.png

Icon is a really nice hit for a lot of us, and eastern areas hang on to precip longer from the inverted trough type feature we’ve seen on a number of runs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Friday seems to have a lot of room for upside. It would be nice for snow on snow...long time coming.

Yes, it does bud.  Go peek at RGEM.  

REALLY like the trends on the nooners. 

All have NS/SS meet n greet in midwest, and party gets goin on over all of us shortly after.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_67.png

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yes, it does bud.  Go peek at RGEM.  

REALLY like the trends on the nooners. 

All have NS/SS meet n greet in midwest, and party gets goin on over all of us shortly after.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_67.png

Pattern also suggests that the shells are coming - let's hope that the detonator shows up in the same package.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Lt to mod snow restarted with approaching arctic front.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Cinders can’t keep up with these rates. Probably end up with 4” or so. 

Very fine snow is increasing in intensity here and now we're starting to get some larger flakes mixed in. 24 degrees, everything is accumulating.

• Like 1