Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I feel like I am reporting from Harrisburg when I say this but neighbor up from me who just had a new roof put on (though done by "friends) lost a row of about 10 shingles.    But incredibly power is still on here.  

Somebody went cheap on fasteners it seems. If it's going to happen, it'll happen in the winter since the heat hasn't sealed the roof tabs together.

We left when the power went out. I’m scared to go back to be honest 
I came about a 1/2 second and a few feet from getting absolutely demolished by a large branch when I went to secure stuff outside earlier. It felt like wind was equivalent to what Isabel did to us.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Thank God Clarence jumped in before you did. 

He had to show me what life without me would be like...such as the Mexican place in Hanover turning into an adult book store without my constant huevos rancheros purchases.

Everytime you hear a bell ring that Mena the NBM has a new map out.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PS, the winds coming off the Susky in Columbia yesterday had to be near or above 50-55 as to gusts.   People were having to walked slanted forward to get to the water.  Once you go just 50-100 feet from the water, it lowered quite a bit. 

Yes, that is what we experienced on the trail. Open spots along the water were an adventure. We did not go down today but I'd imagine there are trees down along the trail, especially with the soggy ground.

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He had to show me what life without me would be like...such as the Mexican place in Hanover turning into an adult book store without my constant huevos rancheros purchases.

Everytime you hear a bell ring that Mena the NBM has a new map out.

What Mexican place? 

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I wouldn’t mind, but I think we are headed for an Advisory for 2 to 4 with a few lucky spots (checks notes…like Cashtown…) getting a chance of 5.

My south location might end up helping me this time if the Nam and Euro are right....BIG "IF"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I think they will do advisorys tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'd think 0z runs will be when they hoist, as we'd be inside of 24 hrs and as long as all models dont crap the bed....

15 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah, that was a nice HH run for sure.  It must have heard me pouring cocktail and approved of my pour...

German house model musta heard that I poured a white russian and did NOT approve.  Cut back a tad, but like many spouses do, we'll take our 2"...and pretend we like it. 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Today puts yesterday to shame. At least 15 mph stronger and that’s not including gusts.  

A tree is across Caneron at Elmerton. 

A roof was blown off a house in Penbrook about an hour ago. 

Today’s winds was definitely the strongest that we had this week.

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The models and forecasters alike always seem to struggle with wind, badly. 

The morning 12z 3k NAM did have this around lunchtime. These are 850mb winds at 18z (1pm) with a 65kt max in York/Lancaster. That likely mixed down pretty efficiently with the combo of the arctic frontal passage/sunshine/significant cold air advection and westerly winds downsloping into the Sus Valley. The previous 17z frame had the 60kt+ max over the Rou… whatever time bubbler had his 67mph gust. They did have advisories out but sounds like it was a bit more potent than that. 

Winds should be starting to settle down as we get into the evening. 

image.thumb.png.4adc61d02be275a5d0b1b3bdd288487e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

The morning 12z 3k NAM did have this around lunchtime. These are 850mb winds at 18z (1pm) with a 65kt max in York/Lancaster. That likely mixed down pretty efficiently with the combo of the arctic frontal passage/sunshine/significant cold air advection and westerly winds downsloping into the Sus Valley. The previous 17z frame had the 60kt+ max over the Rou… whatever time bubbler had his 67mph gust. They did have advisories out but sounds like it was a bit more potent than that. 

Winds should be starting to settle down as we get into the evening. 

image.thumb.png.4adc61d02be275a5d0b1b3bdd288487e.png

I am home a lot when these high wind events happen so today was a bit different for me being out of the house.... was not home here to confirm how windy it felt but it was late this AM that the highest gust was recorded.  The road signs shaking/waving West of York was something I have only seen once in my life before.   It was just like this gif.....quite the event today. 

High Wind Warning GIF - High Wind Warning - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I don’t mind seeing those higher totals on the 18z GFS just over the border in MD…right where we want it….

IMG_4426.png

Yes, agreed. We’ve been getting bumped up on models statewide, but it’s getting up in the 4-6” range just to our south. History says that’s a great place to be!

• Like 2